With less than three weeks until Christmas, chances are you’ve made some headway on your Christmas shopping…
If not you’ll probably need to check when last online orders dates for some of the major retailers will be – including Amazon’s.
Thanks to the online retailer’s Prime subscription service, which offers same-day delivery as one of its perks, last minute shoppers (in selected areas) across the country will be able to do their entire Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve.
The Prime Now service now operates in selected postcodes in London, Hertfordshire, Surrey, Birmingham, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Portsmouth, South Yorkshire and Glasgow, so plenty of Brits won’t have to be caught short over the festive season.
Any shoppers in need of some inspiration can also browse Amazon’s Last Minute Christmas Deals event, which is on from 6 to 21 December 2018, and features lots of ‘Deals of the Day’ and ‘Lightning Deals’ offers on Christmas food, drink and gifting products.
Amazon Christmas last order dates 2018
- Friday 21 December: Standard Delivery (Order as late as 11.59pm or get unlimited One-Day Delivery with Amazon Prime).
- Sunday 23 December: One-Day Delivery (Amazon deliver on Monday 24 December. Last order time for delivery by Christmas varies by item and location)
- Monday 24 December: Same-Day (Evening Delivery – Amazon deliver on Monday 24 December in Greater London and 80 other cities and towns. Order eligible items as late as 12 noon. Availability is limited)
- Monday 24 December: Prime Now (Two-Hour Delivery. The fastest delivery service, exclusively for Amazon Prime members. Amazon deliver on Monday 24 December in selected postcodes in London, Hertfordshire, Surrey, Birmingham, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Portsmouth, South Yorkshire and Glasgow. In select areas, order as late as 10pm on Christmas Eve for delivery by midnight. Availability is limited)
- Monday 24 December: AmazonFresh (Amazon’s grocery delivery service available in selected postcodes in London and the South East. Delivery of a range of thousands of grocery items from Morrisons, Booths, Whole Foods Market and favourite brands, in convenient one-hour delivery slots. Same day delivery available, order by lunchtime for delivery that evening. Subject to availability. Requires membership of AmazonFresh. Fresh add-on is £3.99 per month on top of Prime membership for unlimited deliveries. Learn more about starting a 30-day free trial here)
- Tuesday 25 December: Last Minute Gift Ideas (Email or Print a gift card)
Last year panic buyers snapped up an array of goodies just in time for Christmas, ranging from stocking filler gifts to essentials like gift wrap, gift bags and Christmas cards.
Popular items ordered on Christmas Eve 2017 included Celebrations chocolate tubs, Morrisons mince pies, PS4 Assassin’s Creed Origins Gods Collector’s Edition bundles, Fire HD 8 tablets and the Monopoly Ultimate Banking Game.
Matt Knight, Head of Marketing for Amazon’s Prime Now service in the UK said, “Last year Amazon saw a variety of items purchased with only hours to spare before Christmas Day, including food and drink, beauty gifts, toys and tech. Prime Now deliveries can be made in one or two hours slots on the same day which means customers can save the day by ordering and taking delivery of gifts and essential must-haves on Christmas Eve, whilst enjoying time with family and friends.”
If you’ve not signed up for Prime before, find out how you can get a 30-day free trial over Christmas to take full advantage of faster same-day delivery, access to Prime Video, Amazon Music and more in our FAQ.
Amazon Deals & Tips
Source: Read Full Article