If you live on Montreal’s West Island and are looking for road salt or crampons, you may be up for a difficult task.
Various hardware, grocery and big box stores told Global News they are sold out of the winter items.
The extreme temperatures the city has experienced this winter are surely to blame.
WATCH: Messy weather leads to treacherous sidewalks in Montreal
Urgences-Santé said it has experienced an increase in calls because of the wild swing in temperatures.
Between Jan. 1 and Feb. 20, it received 710 calls requesting help for falls that occurred outside.
In that same period last year, there were 458 calls. Meanwhile in 2017, there were 439.
The ambulance service told Global News the best way to avoid bad slips is to wear crampons if you are walking outdoors and make sure to de-ice driveways, walkways and stairways.
Here are a few stores where you can find salt and crampons in the West Island:
- Rona in Pierrefonds: Received a new batch of salt on Wednesday
- Canadian Tire Kirkland: Both salt and crampons in stock
- Provigo Kirkland: Salt, but low
- Metro Kirkland: Salt in stock, but low
- Patrick Morin Pincourt: Salt in stock
- IGA Dorval: Salt in stock
- IGA Dollard-des-Ormeaux: Expected to receive an order of salt on Wednesday evening
- Super C Pierrefonds: Expected to receive an order of salt Wednesday
Here is the list of stores that have sold out:
- Canadian Tire Dollard-des-Ormeaux: Sold out in both crampons and salt, but does have gravel and sand
- Costco Pointe-Claire and Vaudreuil: Sold out in both crampons and salt; none on order
- Réno-Dépôt Pointe-Claire: No salt and unclear when it will receive more
- Home-Depot Pointe-Claire: No salt
- Walmart Pointe-Claire and Kirkland: No salt, but a few crampons left
- Maxi Pointe-Claire and Dorval: No salt
- Quincaillerie Home Hardware: No salt and no adult crampons
- Super C Kirkland: No salt
- IGA Kirkland and Pointe-Claire: No salt
- Metro Pointe-Claire: No salt
Source: Read Full Article