Asia

Visitors with Estonia, Norway travel history must serve stay-home notice at dedicated facilities from Nov 9

SINGAPORE – Anyone entering Singapore from next Monday (Nov 9) who has travelled in the past two weeks to Estonia and Norway will have to serve a stay-home notice (SHN) at dedicated facilities.

The Ministry of Health (MOH) on Friday (Nov 6) said that from Monday, these travellers will have to serve the two-week SHN even if they had obtained approval to opt out earlier.

This is due to the sharp increase in Covid-19 cases in Estonia and Norway recently.

Estonia registered a record-high daily increase of 241 new coronavirus cases on Friday, bringing the country’s total tally to 5,705.

Meanwhile, Norway on Thursday announced new restrictions that will place some limits on social gatherings, hospitality and education from Saturday. It has recorded more than 22,500 coronavirus cases so far.

reviously on Oct 27, MOH said that travellers from these two countries were allowed to serve their SHN at a suitable place of residence.

MOH said that travellers from Fiji, Finland, Japan, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Turkey are still allowed to apply to opt out of dedicated SHN facilities and serve their 14-day SHN at their place of residence. But this is provided they have not travelled to other countries aside from the ones mentioned above in the last 14 days prior to entry.

They must also be serving their SHN in their place of residence alone, or only with household members who are also serving stay-home notices and have the same travel history and duration.

Travellers from these countries could apply to opt out of dedicated stay-home notice facilities from last Monday.

The ministry said that as the global situation evolves, it will continue to adjust Singapore’s border measures to manage the risk of the import and spread of Covid-19 in the community. 

Travellers are advised to visit the Safe Travel Office website to check for the most updated border measures before entering Singapore and be prepared to be subjected to the prevailing border measures on entry, tests and treatment.

MOH said that all travellers are reminded to accurately declare their travel history, and warned that strict enforcement actions will be taken against false declarations.

Source: Read Full Article