Europe

Andrew warned return to duties far off as public support ‘constantly going to be problem’

Andrew warned return to duties will be far off due to unpopularity

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Royal expert Camilla Tominey claimed it was highly unlikely that Prince Andrew would be making an appearance at the Queen’s Platnum Jubilee this year as he would draw much negative attention to the Royal Family. Ms Tominey noted the latest poll on the popularity of the Royal Family had shown support for Prince Andrew was in the negative. The Duke agreed on a settlement with Virginia Giuffre, meaning her civil lawsuit will not be proceeding to trial.

According to YouGov’s latest Royal Family popularity poll conducted between February 8 and 9, 18 percent of the 1,665 respondents had a “fairly negative” opinion of Prince Andrew whilst 63 percent had a “very negative” opinion.”

Speaking to LBC, Ms Tominey said: “I think he’s entitled to turn up at events to remember his father, I don’t think he’s going to have any role at all in the Platinum Jubilee celebrations this summer because he’ll prove a distraction and this is constantly going to be the problem.

“Do the rest of the family want a memorial to the Duke of Edinburgh overshadowed by his presence? Does he even want that? Probably not.

“And that might be unfair and people will think, well it is his father but, at the end of the da,  the royals and the Queen are acutely aware that they are around for as long as the public want them to be around.”

JUST IN: Oli tank, home and multiple cars erupt in flames as firefighters rush to tackle major fire

Ms Tominey continued: “And the Duke’s approval rating right now, I think I looked it up last week, is something like -68 percent, whereas the Queens is something like +54 percent.

“So that’s the gulf and the gap we’re dealing with here.

“And as we’ve known from the Queen with swift action on this, in regards to his Royalties and indeed how she treated the situation with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

“No one person is bigger than the institution in which they serve.”

Prince Andrew lawsuit 'hanging over Royal family' says Levin

“The amount she got from Jeffrey Epstein was half a million dollars… I’m not saying that is a guide to this.

“But it’s certainly a substantial sum of money which Prince Andrew will have to raise I suppose.

“If it’s being paid to a charity then at some point the amount may come out.

DON’T MISS: 

GB News: Prince Andrew slammed for settlement with Virginia Giuffre – ‘A nasty whiff!’
GB News: Nigel Farage warns Putin has ‘exposed the divisions’ between EU and NATO
‘Deep hurt and embarrassment! People of York plead with Prince Andrew to give up title

The Duke of York and Ms Giuffre released a joint statement following the confirmation of their legal settlement.

The letter read:  “Virginia Giuffre and Prince Andrew have reached an out-of-court settlement.

“The parties will file a stipulated dismissal upon Ms Giuffre’s receipt of the settlement (the sum of which is not being disclosed).

“Prince Andrew has never intended to malign Ms Giuffre’s character, and he accepts that she has suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of unfair public attacks.

“It is known that Jeffrey Epstein trafficked countless young girls over many years. Prince Andrew regrets his association with Epstein and commends the bravery of Ms Giuffre and other survivors in standing up for themselves and others.

“He pledges to demonstrate his regret for his association with Epstein by supporting the fight against the evils of sex trafficking, and by supporting its victims.”

Source: Read Full Article