I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here: Trailer for new series
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Princess Beatrice’s husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi has reacted to Mike Tindall’s upcoming appearance on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! The former England rugby player is part of a 10-strong line-up which also includes pop star Boy George, former Love Island contestant Olivia Attwood, radio DJ Chris Moyles and Hollyoaks actor Owen Warner.
Mr Tindall posted a picture on Instagram of himself dressed in the show’s trademark brown shirt, red trousers and fleece ahead of the first episode on Sunday (November 6). Wearing an Ambassador hat and posing in front of jungle plants, the image drew almost 30,000 likes on the social media platform.
It also drew comments from supporters, including former rugby union player Will Greenwood, who commented: “How you going to cope without me looking after you?”
And Princess Beatrice’s husband, Edoardo, chimed in sharing series of insect emojis followed by the symbol for being sick in a cheeky reference to the show’s bushtucker trials.
Mr Tindall, who is married to Princess Anne’s daughter Zara, has more than 200,000 followers on Instagram.
He has said of his appearance on the show: “First and foremost, I will miss my family. I will miss my bed too and a nice breakfast.”
The sportsman also said he was inspired to join the show by his friend and former I’m A Celebrity contestant James Haskell.
Mr Tindall said: “It is sinking in now that I am taking part.
“I am ready to rumble! I have been asked on numerous occasions to take part.
“The timing was right this year and Hask (James) did the show and he had been talking about it.”
READ WHY MPS ARE WEARING WHEAT TODAY
Princess Anne’s son-in-law also joked he would have no problem handling the show’s notorious eating trials because they offered a chance to absorb “protein”.
He added: “I am eight years out of the game now so I am a bit more realistic about food, but I know James said the lack of food can sometimes be hard.
“But at least with the eating trials, you get food in you!
“It might not taste very nice but at least it is serving a purpose and giving you a protein intake. Bring on those challenges.”
Eamonn Holmes in agony struggling to walk after falling downstairs [REVEALED]
Ukrainian saboteurs destroy Russian helicopters [LATEST]
Meghan’s ‘inappropriate’ living request ‘firmly’ denied by late Queen [REPORT]
Meanwhile, former Health Secretary Matt Hancock today faced questions over whether he broke the rules on post-Government jobs over plans to join the show.
The MP was suspended from the parliamentary Conservative Party on Tuesday after he was revealed to be a surprise extra name added to the list of contenders for the reality show.
As well as being stripped of the party whip, campaigners for families bereaved in the COVID-19 pandemic accused him of trying to “cash in on his terrible legacy”.
The response at Westminster was swift after news the West Suffolk MP would head into the jungle.
Chief whip Simon Hart said: “Following a conversation with Matt Hancock, I have considered the situation and believe this is a matter serious enough to warrant suspension of the whip with immediate effect.”
One Tory MP described Mr Hancock as an “absolute prat”, while there was also anger in his constituency Tory association.
But he was also facing scrutiny over whether he upheld the rules on taking on work within two years of leaving office.
Mr Hancock did not seek advice from the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments (Acoba) before agreeing to the appearance, the PA news agency reports.
Lord Pickles, the Conservative chair of the anti-corruption watchdog which advises on post-ministerial jobs, is expected to write to Mr Hancock to demand clarification.
Under the rules, Mr Hancock should seek clearance from Acoba for any new employment or appointments he takes on until until June next year.
A spokesman for Mr Hancock said the guidance “was followed in good faith”, adding: “The Acoba website clearly states that it does not regard media appearances as an appointment or employment.”
However, the website only says that “one-off” activities are not applicable and states any “longer term arrangement” requires a request to Acoba.
Depending on how he fairs during public votes, Mr Hancock could remain in the jungle for weeks.
I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! begins on Sunday November 6 at 9pm on ITV.
Source: Read Full Article