Europe

Boy, 13, arrested on suspicion of murdering 16-year-old after bloody knife attack

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Greater Manchester Police said in a statement on Saturday that a boy was arrested in the Hulme area – an inner-city area of Manchester – on Friday. GMP said that the boy had been bailed pending further enquiries.

It is the twelfth arrest in connection with the stabbing.

Eight other teenagers – aged between 13 and 17 – have already been arrested on suspicion of murder and remain on bail.

Three other teenage boys who were arrested “have since been eliminated from the inquiry”, GMP said.

Investigators are appealing for information, “no matter how insignificant it may seem”.

They are “particularly keen” to hear from anyone who was driving along Moss Road, Thirlmere Road and Victoria Road between 6 and 7pm on the night of the incident.

GMP also asked that anyone with dashcam footage submit it via their online portal.

The force can be contacted for information on the incident on 0161 856 9908, quoting incident 2529 of January 22, 2022.

Source: Read Full Article