Europe

Boy finds sewing needles inside Asda bananas as he bites into one

An investigation has been launched after a young boy bit into a banana from Asda to find sewing needles inside.

Joanne Aiken, 41, has urged people to be careful after she and her son, 10, found needles in three bananas from a store in Grangemouth, Stirlingshire, on Thursday.

Writing on Facebook, the mum-of-three named the situation ‘shocking’.

She said: ‘Just to make everyone aware when buying bananas from Asda Grangemouth, please check them.”

‘These were found in each of ours..one last night and today my wee boy bit into one and found another.’


‘Please be careful if you or your wee ones eat bananas.’

A Police Scotland spokesperson said they were aware of the incident and confirmed no one had been hurt.

They added: ‘Officers are liaising with the store.

‘No one was injured and enquiries are ongoing.’

Asda has apologised, stating that they are ‘at a loss to understand how this could have happened’.

In a statement, the supermarket said: ‘We would like to assure all customers that as soon as we were made aware of the allegation we launched a full investigation.’

‘Whilst we haven’t received any other complaints of this nature and there are no signs of any defects to the bananas in our Grangemouth store.”

‘We would like to apologise for any concern caused and thank Ms Aiken for bringing the product back so we can investigate what has happened here.’

Got a story for Metro.co.uk?

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] For more stories like this, check our news page.

Source: Read Full Article