Europe

Brit couple die in Majorca from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

A British couple have been found dead at their home in Majorca after suffering from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police were alerted after a person looking after the house went to the property because their worried son who lives in the UK was unable to contact them.

They found the bodies of the man, 62, and his partner, 56.

The discovery was made around 4pm today at the property in Selva at the foot of the Tramuntana mountains, regarded as one of the island’s most beautiful towns.

A Civil Guard source said post-mortems had yet to take place but investigators were probing the theory the deaths were potentially linked to the faulty combustion of a butane gas heater inside the house.

Forensic specialists were still at the scene tonight.

The British pair, whose bodies are thought to have lain undiscovered for two days, have not yet been named.

This is a breaking news story, more to follow soon… Check back shortly for further updates.

Got a story? Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] Or you can submit your videos and pictures here.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Follow Metro.co.uk on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news updates. You can now also get Metro.co.uk articles sent straight to your device. Sign up for our daily push alerts here.

Source: Read Full Article