We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
As the UK continues to have the highest death rate caused by the virus across the whole of Europe, measures are being introduced to stop the spread of the deadly disease. Czech Republic authorities have banned Britons from entering the country.
According to a graph shared on Twitter by the political editor of Euronews, Darren McCaffey, the Czech Republic has divided European countries into three categories.
These range from high risk, medium risk and then low risk.
In the image, the majority of central and Eastern Europe are considered to be low risk from spreading the virus.
The likes of France, Spain and Italy are coloured yellow meaning they are medium risk.
But the UK and Sweden – which was reported to have more than 37,000 cases of the virus – are considered to be still a high risk of transmitting the virus.
According to the Czech Ministry of Foreign Affairs, from June 15, Czechs will be able to travel from the green and yellowed countries without any restrictions.
However, Czech will require a negative test result if they are to travel from the UK or Sweden.
The UK has yet to close the borders into the country but Home Secretary Priti Patel recently said anyone entering the country must self-isolate for 14 days or face a fine of up to £1,000.
Ms Patel said: “I fully expect the majority of people will do the right thing and abide by these measures.
“But we will take enforcement action against the minority of people who endanger the safety of others.
“We are not closing our borders, and I think people should recognise that.”
The new rules will come into effect from June 8.
Holidays: Expert urges Britons to continue holiday payments [OPINION]
Holidays 2020: Expert warns travel ban could be in place all summer [INSIGHT]
Majorca to reopen 300 hotels in time for July [REVEAL]
Recently, Travel expert Simon Calder spoke out with regards to a statement from Health Secretary Matt Hancock which insinuated that the government is considering banning all international travel until the end of the summer.
The news comes as travel firms and operators try desperately to salvage the industry and help create safe ways for passengers to enjoy their holiday plans.
Mr Calder appeared on ITV’s This Morning and spoke to presenters Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield about an interview they conducted with the Health Secretary on Tuesday of last week.
Mr Hancock had warned that summer holidays were likely to be cancelled this year, saying: “I think that’s likely to be the case, yeah. We haven’t made a final decision on that yet.
“Social distancing of some kind is going to continue and the conclusion from that is that it is likely that big, lavish, international holidays are going to be possible for this summer. I just think that is a reality.”
The UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) is currently advising Britons against all non-essential travel for an indefinite period of time but has released no information on when this might be lifted.
However, Mr Hancock’s comments came as something of a shocking revelation to the travel expert.
Mr Calder said: “My jaw just dropped, I think along with several hundred other jaws from the many people who work in the travel industry in the UK who are doing all they can to try to get plenty of us away on holiday, but crucially no one can travel anywhere at the moment because the Foreign Office travel advice says basically unless it is essential, do not go abroad at all.
“That applies indefinitely. I’ve just been in touch with the Foreign Office and asked, ‘are you going to say anything different ever’ and they said, ‘our consumer advice is under constant review’.
“So no change there and it sounded actually, and I’ve gone back over that clip many times with Matt Hancock, as though they are actively discussing in government ‘well should we keep it there all summer?’”
Source: Read Full Article