A huge blaze has erupted at a restaurant building in Bolton, with a number of firefighters at the scene to respond. Eyewitnesses near the building on Blackburn Road in Astley Bridge have seen smoke pouring from the roof of the building. It has not yet been confirmed if anyone has been injured as a result of the fire.
A Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Shortly after 11am on Monday 6 March, firefighters were called out to a fire at a restaurant on Blackburn Road, Bolton. Fire engines from across Greater Manchester, as well as an aerial unit, quickly attended the scene where the roof and rear of a restaurant is on fire.
“Crews remain at the scene, using four breathing apparatus, two jets and a hydraulic platform to extinguish the fire.”
The Manchester Evening News reports from the scene that the fire “appears to be under control” but that “firefighters are continuing to work on the building using an aerial platform.”
Images from the scene also show that the restaurant’s roof has been badly damaged.
The blaze occurred at Beefalo Meat House. The fire service was called out to respond at 11am on Monday morning.
This is a breaking news story. More to follow…
Source: Read Full Article