Meghan Markle: Lee Cohen discusses ‘vain’ Ellen interview
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Photos emerged of Meghan during a Christmas shopping trip in Montecito on Wednesday prompting some Twitter users to claim the Duchess staged the snaps.
One user with the handle @lord_belacquan said: “Meghan was so triggered by an article saying she was staying at home over the Ellen backlash, she staged a paparazzi shoot of her shopping and trying to look busy with two phones that were switched off.”
Another, @hrrysgreysuit, claimed: “She called the Paps. Santa Barbara is a small community paparazzi aren’t just hanging around waiting for her to come out.”
However, other users were quick to defend the Duchess against the accusations, with one with the handle @SneezeCocoa writing: “Meghan looks absolutely gorgeous! And being papped from time to time is expected, it’s the illegal and intrusive actions of the media and paparazzi I have an issue with.”
It comes after royal commentator Neil Sean claimed Meghan was “so upset” by the backlash following her appearance on The Ellen Show that she has “taken to indoors.”
Additional reporting from Oliver Pritchard and Katie Harris.
THIS LIVE BLOG HAS NOW ENDED. FOR MORE ROYAL NEWS VISIT HERE.
Queen urges Prince William not to take helicopters with wife and kids anymore
A source close to the Queen told Fabulous: “Her Majesty has told close friends and courtiers that she would like William to stop flying himself, particularly in bad weather, as helicopters are not the safest form of transport.
“It keeps the Queen awake at night, and she is understandably very worried.”
“She knows William is a capable pilot but does not think it is worth the risk for all five of them to carry on flying together and can’t imagine what would happen.
“It would spark a constitutional crisis.
“The Queen has told William she is worried that, however good he is as a pilot, bad weather and accidents can strike at any time.”
Piers Morgan claims Meghan Markle is ‘not a big fan’ of his anymore
Writing in his latest column, Piers has delved into his biggest moments over the years for his self-titled All-Time Morgan Awards.
The outspoken journalist has previously claimed that he and Meghan had been on good terms.
In January 2020, Piers shared an alleged message from Meghan to him on his Twitter page from 2015.
The news anchor has since suggested that the direct message had been a highlight for him.
“When I followed four cast members of US TV legal drama Suits on Twitter, one of them sent me a private direct message minutes later,” he wrote in the Daily Mail.
He continued: “It read: ‘Well hello there — thanks for the follow. Big fan of yours!’
“Suffice it to say, I don’t think Meghan Markle remains quite such a big fan.”
Meghan and Harry ‘waiting’ to release Lilibet picture for ‘maximum impact’ says expert
Meghan Markle, 40, and Prince Harry, 37, are “very protective” of Lilibet Diana amid speculation over when the royals will release a photo of the five-month-old.
Royal expert Neil Sean has claimed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are waiting to reignite interest in their daughter with a timely photo release.
Speaking on his YouTube channel, Mr Sean said: “They feel and their advisers feel that if they do release a picture, they will be invading their own privacy something they’ve rallied against.
“For me, I think this is ridiculous.
“If they were to put a picture on social media, a lot of people would be pleased to see the child, they’re all interested but as each month passes, interest diminishes.
“They’re now looking for an opportunity to introduce Lilibet Diana to the world.
“As we know, we haven’t seen a Christmas card but perhaps they’re waiting for maximum impact.”
Queen urged to hand over the throne to Prince Charles by royal expert
Royal commentator Sarah Vine has insisted the monarch should hand the reins over to Prince Charles and enjoy retirement. Speaking to Palace Confidential on Mail+, Ms Vine said: “She could just retire and hand over to Charles.
“She doesn’t have to die to do that, does she?
“She could just say, ‘I’m still Queen’. That’s what I think would be the sensible thing.
“I think he would have the chance to establish himself under her watchful eye and we’ll all get used to the idea.
“And when she very sadly does die, it will be a very sad event but it won’t be a catastrophic headache.”
Prince William’s bid to ‘change’ Queen’s ‘formal’ Christmas as guests given ‘timetables’
Prince William tried to change Queen’s “formal” Christmas plans under which guests were given “timetables” to stick to, an unearthed account claims.
The Duke of Cambridge and his wife Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, both 39, have already been getting into the festive spirit this year.
Although William has spoken of his love of Christmas, he was previously reported to have tried to shake up the Queen’s protocol-heavy celebrations.
A royal insider told how William wanted to take inspiration from Kate’s family’s more informal celebrations.
Royal Family to make ‘late decision’ over Christmas – ‘time will tell’ on Harry & Meghan
The Royal Family’s Christmas plans will be subject to a “late decision”, royal expert Russell Myers has claimed amid speculation about whether Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will return to the UK.
The Daily Mirror’s royal editor Russell Myers questioned whether Meghan and Harry would return to the UK to celebrate Christmas with the Queen.
He said: “I think it will be a fairly late decision because things are so fluid at the moment.
“Who knows what will be happening, so I don’t think it’s going to be anytime soon.”
Lorraine Kelly hit out at film about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: ‘Hideous’
Lorraine Kelly was not impressed with a film dramatising Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s relationship, branding it “hideous”.
In September, Lorraine said of the film: “Oh god love them, that looks hideous.
“It really does. As if their life’s not insane enough, they’ve got that! What a blinking shame.”
Woman, 50, arrested after Prince Andrew’s Range Rover attacked – royal security breach
A woman has been arrested after Prince Andrew’s car was attacked as the Duke drove into the Windsor estate.
Pictures taken on Friday morning showed a woman rushing up to the Duke of York’s black Range Rover and banging on the window.
It was captured as the 61-year-old royal drove through the Queen’s estate in Berkshire.
Thames Valley Police said a 50-year-old woman was arrested.
Meghan Markle causes searches for ‘brown wool coat’ to explode 376% after she is spotted wearing one
Meghan Markle has caused searches for “brown wool coats” to explode by 376 percent.
Analysis of Google revealed that the number of searches for the term skyrocketed on December 18, a day after the Duchess of Sussex was spotted wearing a Massimo Dutti brown wool coat while shopping in California.
A spokesperson for fashion firm Design Bundles said: “Every glimpse of Meghan Markle proves her to be an absolute fashion icon, even when stepping out for a hurried shopping trip, like so many other parents close to Christmas.”
Prince Andrew dealt fresh setback in legal row – judge throws out Duke’s ‘sex kitten’ bid
Prince Andrew has been dealt a fresh blow in his legal battle with Virginia Roberts Giuffre after a judge ruled reports his accuser was a “sex kitten” were inadmissible.
The Duke of York has been accused of sexually abusing Ms Giuffre, which he has repeatedly denied.
New York District Judge Lewis Kaplan received a request from the Duke’s legal team to consider press reports describing Ms Giuffre as a “money-hungry sex kitten”.
The royal’s lawyers also asked for a 139-page manuscript called “The Billionaire’s Playboy Club”, published in 2011 and written by Ms Giuffre about paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, to be considered in the case.
Judge Kaplan dismissed the requests as a PR stunt, and said there was “no proper basis” to look at the articles.
Meghan under ‘immense’ pressure as Kate lands major coup in US
Meghan Markle is under “immense” pressure as Kate has landed a US magazine cover for her 40th birthday, a royal commentator has claimed.
Daniela Elser highlighted how US magazine People has Kate on its cover this week ahead of her milestone birthday next month.
Ms Elser compared the number of appearances the Duchess of Cambridge has had on the front page of the publication in the past year to the Duchess of Sussex.
The headline of Ms Elser’s comment piece for news.com.au said Kate’s birthday cover puts “immense” pressure on Meghan.
The royal commentator wrote: “Just in case anyone’s counting, this is the Duchess’ fourth-star turn on the front of the glossy entertainment magazine in the last 12 months, including her second solo outing.
“Here’s the kicker: Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex? During one of the biggest years of her life including one in which she accused the royal house of institutional racism and ignoring her pleas for help when her mental health suffered, when she welcomed her second child and when she launched her post-Megxit career? Not a single cover of just her.
“(Meghan has appeared twice on covers with Harry, while he has notched up a further two covers without his wife.)
“While the cover of People is hardly the most precise of barometers of public standing and approval, what Kate’s continued appearance, and Meghan’s lack of star billing, casts a less-than-sparkling picture of the Sussexes’ Stateside campaign to establish themselves as dazzling public figures.”
George unleashes ‘most genuine smile’ yet
Prince George looks “very happy” and “engaged” in the most recent photo released of the young royal, a body language expert has said.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s chosen Christmas card image for 2021 features the family of five during a trip to Jordan.
Dr Lillian Glass, an internationally-renowned body language expert analysed the image for Express.co.uk.
She noted that George, third in line for the throne, looked “very happy and comfortable” in the snap.
Meghan and Harry ‘struggling’ in bid to become ‘power players’ in US
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are “struggling” in their bid to become “power players” after quitting royal duties, a commentator has claimed.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are living in California after stepping back as working royals in March 2020.
But almost two years on, royal commentator Daniela Elser claimed the pair “still seem to be struggling to gain traction as the leaders they seem so keen to be”.
After announcing their Megxit decision, Ms Elser said it was thought Harry and Meghan would “join the most upper echelons of the US glitterati”.
Writing for news.com.au, she said: “Like pretty much every assumption that the world held during those first few febrile months of 2020, nothing has quite panned out the way that anyone thought, including the Sussexes’ post-palace careers.
“As we are poised to begin 2022, Harry and especially Meghan are increasingly polarising figures who have failed to build the sort of broad support base that many, including myself, expected them to.”
Royals ‘moving away’ from typical duties
The Royal Family appears to be “moving away” from the traditional royal duties its members have been carrying out for decades, a royal author said.
Royals are focusing on key charitable causes, in contrast to old fashioned engagements such as the launch of local facilities and market visits, it is suggested.
This evolution could be due in part to the arrival of technology which allows the royals to be seen and complete some engagements without stepping out of their residences.
Queen ‘getting through some of her darker days’ thanks to beloved music
The Queen is reminiscing and getting through “darker days” by listening to her old music favourites as she remembers her family’s fond love of a British entertainer, a royal journalist claimed.
NBC royal reporter and commentator Neil Sean claimed a source told him that the Queen is listening to the music of George Formby to help her get over some of her loneliness.
Mr Sean remarked how the monarch and many other Royal Family members were big fans of the English entertainer and explained their shared history with him.
George, Charlotte & Louis could get ‘very cross’ in family activity
Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis risk getting “very cross” as the Cambridges take part in a family activity this Christmas.
Prince William revealed that he enjoys playing the board games Monopoly and Risk with his children.
However, the Duke of Cambridge admitted that “some people get quite cross when they lose”.
William made the comments during an interview with a radio station at the Royal Marsden Hospital earlier this week.
Harry and Meghan facing questions over Spotify podcast plans
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are facing questions over the future of their deal to produce podcasts for Spotify as “nobody really knows” what is happening, a royal expert has claimed.
Neil Sean told his YouTube channel that Harry and Meghan’s Spotify deal could be looking “for a brand new home” as he claimed efforts could be made to reach a “wider audience”.
The speculation comes as MailOnline reported this week how the pair have only produced “35 minutes of content” for their Archewell Audio channel since its launch.
Queen’s courage to do the right thing is true leadership, says Patrick O’Flynn
Writing for the Express, Mr O’Flynn said: “An elected leader, who depends for his survival on keeping in with the voters, would normally be expected to have a greater understanding of the public mood than an unelected one.
“In Britain there have certainly been times when prime ministers have forcefully advised monarchs about what the public expects of them – the abdication crisis and the aftermath of the death of Princess Diana spring to mind.
“Yet right now it looks like the UK has a monarch who not only always delivers on her ceremonial duties but also has a more profound appreciation of what true leadership entails than does her prime minister.”
Read more here.
Queen heartbreak as Christmas at Sandringham could be cancelled
The Queen may cancel the Royal Family’s traditional Christmas at Sandringham due to the Omicron surge, it has been claimed.
The monarch, 95, already called off her pre-Christmas family party as Covid cases spike.
And now sources have told the Daily Mail that “all plans were under consideration” including her trip to Norfolk.
A royal source said her Sandringham plans were “increasingly in the balance” as the UK records record coronavirus numbers.
The source added: “Her Majesty always leads by example, regardless of her personal preferences.”
Charles and Camilla highlight plight of elderly at Christmas
Prince Charles and Camilla have highlighted an important subject that affects hundreds of thousands of people during the festive season.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have urged people to remember to check in on their “older friends and relatives” during the Christmas holidays.
The royal couple shared the festive message on their Instagram account on Friday.
Source: Read Full Article