Meghan Markle 'knows how to work the system' says McQueen
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are understood to be planning to spend the festive period in the US with their two children Archie and Lilibet. Meghan, 40, and Harry, 37, did not return for a scaled-back celebration last Christmas mainly due to Covid restrictions.
The reported absence of the couple for a second successive year comes as the Queen prepares to spend her first Christmas without Prince Philip.
It also amid concerns over the health of the Queen after the monarch pulled out of a number of key events, including the Remembrance Sunday service last weekend.
A source told the entertainment website Page Six: “There’s a lot that goes into the logistics and the planning of the family Christmas, so of course, staff know that Harry and Meghan are not coming.
“If they were, they would have communicated it to their family by now.
“But this is Her Majesty’s first Christmas without her husband, so one would have hoped they would want to be with her.”
The Royal Family did not spend Christmas together at Sandringham last year due to coronavirus restrictions.
The Queen remained in a lockdown bubble with the Duke of Edinburgh at Windsor Castle.
It was the first time in 33 years that the royals did not join up at the Queen’s Norfolk estate.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall spent Christmas day at Highgrove, their home in Gloucestershire.
While, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their three children celebrated at Anmer Hall in Norfolk.
Meghan and Harry are thought to have exchanged presents and held calls via zoom with members of the Royal Family from Los Angeles.
The Royal Family are yet to reveal plans for next month as much of it is dependent on Covid and Government guidance.
The Queen returned to royal duties this afternoon just over 72 hours after she withdrew from attending the Remembrance Sunday service due to a strained back.
The 95-year-old welcomed General Sir Nick Carter, Chief of the Defence Staff, to Windsor Castle.
It is the first time in nearly a month that the Queen has been pictured carrying out an in-person engagement since she hosted a reception for the global investment summit at Windsor on October 19.
The Prince of Wales issued an update on the health of his mother this afternoon during his tour of Jordan.
Prince Charles, 73, even had time to make light of the situation during a brief interview with Sky News.
He said: “She’s alright, thank you very much.
“Once you get to 95, it’s not quite as easy as it used to be. It’s bad enough at 73.”
Source: Read Full Article