Prince Harry and Meghan's Netflix show 'backfiring' says host
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have “damaged” their brand with their Netflix series, it has been claimed. The Sussexes’ six-episode show was released earlier this month, giving the couple an opportunity to once again explain their side of the story after years of tension between themselves and the Royal Family.
While Harry and Meghan heavily criticised royal life, journalist Sandro Monetti tells Express.co.uk that the couple have also hurt their own image with their attack on the Royal Family.
The royal expert also predicted that the Duke and Duchess will produce more content with the streaming giant in the future to boost their brand and promote their truth regarding the last few years.
He said: “Looking to the future, I highly expect they will keep this going for years. If I was Netflix I would want Harry and Meghan to do a documentary on Diana.
“From a business point of view with Netflix, I can see them keeping this going. In terms of Harry and Meghan and their brand, yes damaged, but not broken.
“What they are doing is continuing to build a Sussex Royal Family here in California.
“Looking further ahead, if they stay here, their children will become increasingly famous. Especially Lilibet as California’s first-born princess.”
In the documentary, Harry makes his frustrations with his family clear. He claimed that the Palace was willing to “lie” for his brother Prince William but unwilling to “tell the truth” to protect him.
Harry also claimed that William “screamed and shouted” at him when discussing Meghan.
While Mr Monetti believes that the situation between the royals and the Sussexes is now too damaged to repair, he believes that the children of Harry, Meghan, William and Kate could be the ones to eventually reunite the family.
He also adds that it will be fascinating to see what Archie and Lilibet make of the division when they learn about it in their later life.
Mr Monetti said: “I think that part of their quest for happiness in California is to build a new Sussex dynasty. Their children are going to be key to this.
“Harry and Meghan won’t be a flash in the pan, the kids will be here for decades. It will be so interesting to see how Archie and Lilibet will be influenced by staying in California, by seeing the Netflix show themselves, and by what attitude they will have towards the Royal Family.
“There doesn’t seem to be much effort on either side to try and patch up the relationships but family divides can be solved.
Clarkson to stay on as host of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? [INSIGHT]
Meghan biographer’s fury at Kate ‘fashion swipe’ [ANALYSIS]
Meghan Markle’s ‘hidden gems’ in Paris [INSIGHT]
“Harry and Wiliam seem broken at the moment but maybe Archie, Lilibet, Charlotte and George will bring everyone back together in the future.”
As for Harry and Meghan’s work with Netflix, it seems the partnership could be a lasting one. On Tuesday, a trailer was released for another series presented by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Titled Live To Lead, the show is inspired by Nelson Mandela and will feature high-profile figures such as climate change activist Greta Thunberg and New Zealand prime minister Jacinda Ardern.
Netflix tweeted the short trailer with the caption: “Their voices give us hope. Their actions shape our world. Their leadership inspires our future.”
Source: Read Full Article