Europe

Harry and Meghan’s ‘problem’ is people ‘tired’ of them ‘whinging’

Harry memoir 'hasn't been much revised at all' says Richard Palmer

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The final three episodes of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s documentary has divided fans as an expert claims people are “tired” of them “whinging”. The explosive docu-series on Netflix concluded on Thursday – with a number of allegations made in the final few episodes. The show has been highly anticipated for months, with Harry and Meghan hoping to use it as a way of telling their “truth”.

Speaking on the Daily Express’s royal round up, royal correspondent Richard Palmer claimed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have proven “unpopular” with their latest allegations.

He said: “At the end of the day, their problem as a couple is that people are becoming tired of them whinging about the same old things and the Palace seems to have taken the view that there wasn’t enough in that final three episodes to warrant a public response. 

“I think that there were some serious allegations and of course, the most serious one was Prince Harry alleging that the royal household planted stories to discredit the Sussexes, and in particular he talked about institutional gaslighting when the documentary was referring to the allegations of bullying made against Meghan by several of her former aides who have since been gagged from talking about it.”

It appears that Buckingham Palace do not plan on issuing a statement regarding some of the claims made in the documentary.

A number of allegations were made throughout the six episodes, with some of the more prevalent coming in the finale. 

Harry claimed he had been given “two options” during a meeting to discuss his move to the United States with Meghan – who was in Canada at the time of the meeting.

He told producers how William had “screamed and shouted” at him during the meeting, that ultimately decided he would step down from his role as a working member of the family.

Harry and Meghan moved to the US in March 2020 – a decision that divided the nation at the time.

Speaking to host Pandora Forsyth, Mr Palmer said he was “surprised” that the Palace had not issued a response to Harry’s suggestion that William had in fact “bullied” them out of their roles as senior members of the Firm.

He continued: “I’m surprised. I thought that warranted a response from the Palace. They didn’t want to get down and dirty with the Sussexes. It’s fair to say that some had felt the Sussexes had shot their bolt yesterday, they had overstepped the mark and even people that had been sympathetic with them up until that point had lost patience with them.

“They felt they didn’t need to make a response. I’m surprised William didn’t want to respond to the allegation.”

Harry also claimed that a statement that was issued at the time of his departure that said he refuted claims that his brother had a “bullying nature” was not signed off by him.

DON’T MISS:
Expert singles out absence of Harry’s close friends in Netflix Doc [INSIGHT]
Queen was ‘still in charge’ during Megxit and Andrew fallouts [COMMENT]
‘No sign’ of Royal rift ‘going away’ as expert says it’s ‘deepened’ [OPINION]

Mr Palmer added: “Harry and Meghan were hugely popular but lost the support of the British public because of their actions. It was they who broke the unwritten contract between the Royal Family and the British public by wanting all the benefits of being part of the Firm without the sacrifices that go with it.

“They wanted to make their own money from their royal status; they didn’t want to share details of their children’s godparents, even though church records of every other child christened in the UK are available to anyone.

“They were more focused on building their brand in the United States than the UK even before they quit.”

Source: Read Full Article