Europe

Harry ‘excluded from Balmoral dinner for new king attended by William’

Prince Harry and William’s reunion discussed by Kinsey Schofield

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The insider said that the Duke of Sussex was not invited to a dinner with King Charles III, which took place on the night of the Queen’s death. They said that there was a “clear divide” between the absentee and those present. Speaking to Daily Mail commentator Richard Kay, the source said: “Two dinners were being hosted on the royal estate that night and there was a clear divide: One was for the new king and his heir, the other was for the rest of the family.”

The Balmoral Estate meeting followed the Sussexes joining William and Kate for a walkabout at Windsor to meet with well-wishers and look at floral tributes to the Queen outside the castle.

A royal source said William, who has since been made Prince of Wales, “thought it was an important show of unity at an incredibly difficult time for the family.”

The Sussexes’ biographer Omid Scobie tweeted that William had made the decision to invite Harry and Meghan “in the eleventh hour”.

All four royals took bunches of flowers to contribute to the tributes and shook hands with people who had come out to meet them.

Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams said the joint appearance suggests the brothers are making “real progress” in healing their reported rift.

He described Harry and Meghan’s attendance at the walkabout as a “sensational surprise”.

The commentator also claimed it is “very possible” that Harry will take on an “active” role in upcoming arrangements for the Queen’s mourning period.

Queen Elizabeth II died earlier this week, on September 8 at Balmoral Castle aged 96.

Both couples are understood to be staying at Windsor Castle.

Speaking to the Sun Online, Mr Fitzwilliams said: “This is a sensational surprise, seeing them together at Windsor looking at the tributes to one of the greatest of our monarchs.

“It would benefit everyone to heal this rift, the Sussexes would have no work without their royal status.

“The Royal Family have suffered a great deal from their attacks, especially on Oprah.

DON’T MISS: 
Royal Family nightmare as Caribbean nation set timeline to oust King [REVEAL] 
Naga Munchetty sparks backlash after King Charles III mistake [REPORT] 
Archie and Lilibet NOT given Prince and Princess title [INSIGHT]

“We thought even though they were living so close at Windsor the once inseparable brothers were very far apart.”

He added: “The Queen always said the Sussexes were ‘much-loved members’ of the royal family.

“They had to step down and felt publicly bitter.

“King Charles sent them his love in his moving address. Now we see real progress.

“Will Harry participate actively in the forthcoming ceremonies to honour his beloved late grandmother? This seems very possible now.”

Rumours of a rift between Prince Harry and Prince William have been circling for years, but they have grown since Harry said there was “space” between himself and his brother in his interview with Oprah last year.

And on a trip to South Africa the previous October, Harry said he and William were on “different paths at the moment”.

But he added: “I will always be there for him as I know he will always be there for me.”

Source: Read Full Article