The Crown is right to depict Diana's BBC interview says expert
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Speaking on GB News about the controversy surrounding the yet-to-be-released fifth season of The Crown, Daily Mail online columnist Maureen Callahan said Prince Harry entering a deal with the streaming service that is “recreating his mother’s car crash” was “not the best idea”. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex struck a multi-million agreement with Netflix shortly after stepping down as working royals in 2020. The pair are now believed to have been working on the production of a docuseries about their new life in California.
Host Dan Wootton asked Ms Callahan about how Harry “must be feeling” knowing that “his employer” is “recreating” how his late mother died in 1997.
Ms Callahan replied: “This is what Harry has called the defining trauma of his life.”
She pointed out that we know, from recent press releases for his upcoming tell-all memoir, which is due for release in January, that the Duke is “going to use the death of his mother as a launching point to discuss the way in which his life unraveled to such a degree that he had no choice but to leave the Royal Family.”
She added that his exit left him available to the “open market”.
Speaking of the Duke signing the Netflix contract, Ms Callahan claimed that she doesn’t believe Harry realised “getting in bed with the streaming service who produces The Crown, one of the most popular shows in the world, was probably not the best idea”.
Mr Wootton said that Harry claimed that walking behind his mother’s casket in 1997, aged 12, “destroyed his whole life”.
He added that the organisation that will be using these traumatic moments of his life, are now “his employer”.
Due to the backlash surrounding season five of The Crown, Netflix reportedly postponed the release of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s at-home docuseries until 2023.
The Crown's new season full of ‘drama with capital D’ claims expert
The fifth season of The Crown is set to air on Netflix from November 9, 2022.
Speaking on the latest episode of Palace Confidential, The Mail’s royal editor Rebecca English claimed that she believes the show is “actually verging on the defamatory” after recently viewing the “full transcript” for the upcoming season.
Despite this, Netflix has previously heavily defended the show as the streaming service insists the “fictional dramatisation” was an “imagining” of events, which were inspired by reality.
Anne ‘called up from bench’ to spare Harry ‘indignity of losing title’ [ANALYSIS]
King Charles warned of ‘familial abdication’ as monarch has ‘obstacle’ [VIDEO]
Meghan and Harry warned to ‘get story together’ ahead of book release [INSIGHT]
On January 10, 2023, Harry is set to release his highly-anticipated 416-page memoir.
The Royal Family are reportedly said to be “very worried ” over its contents, which currently remain vague.
The memoir will be available in 16 languages, and Harry is confirmed to be the voice of the audiobook version.
- Harry’s memoir sold for half price before it’s even released shows ‘touch of desperation’
- Royal experts expose ‘another one of these little holes’ in Harry and Meghan claims
- King ‘has deep regrets’ over forcing William and Harry to walk behind Diana’s coffin
- ‘Inevitable’ Prince Harry and William’s relationship will change after The Crown release
- Charles urged to slim-down Royal Family after ruling out cuts – ‘can’t do it soon enough!’
Source: Read Full Article