Prince Harry's High Court bid labelled 'appalling' by Levin
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Police have reportedly been called to two intruder alerts in 12 days at the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Montecito mansion. But royal author Angela Levin insisted Harry “wouldn’t have that problem” if he was based in Britain.
Ms Levin tweeted: “I bet he wouldn’t have that problem in the UK.”
Santa Barbara Police records show police responded to a trespasser report at Harry and Meghan’s California home at 5.44pm on May 19.
Officers attended a second intruder alert at 3.21pm on May 31, The Sun reports.
Both calls were logged as “trespasser”, “property crimes” and “suspicious circumstances”.
It comes as Harry is embroiled in a legal battle with the Home Office over security arrangements for his family while in Britain.
The Duke is taking legal action over a decision not to allow him to pay for police protection when visiting the UK.
Harry and Meghan’s former home Frogmore Cottage, which they renewed the lease for earlier this year, receives 24-hour armed police protection as it is inside the Queen’s Windsor estate.
Ms Levin told The Sun: “Maybe Harry should concentrate more on the security in California rather than making complaints about his security in Britain.
“After two intruder alerts in 12 days, surely he should be making the protection of his family in the US his priority.”
It comes as Harry on Friday won his bid to bring a High Court claim against the Home Office over his security arrangements in the UK.
The Duke’s challenge concerns the February 2020 decision of the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures (Ravec) after being told he would no longer be given the “same degree” of personal protective security when visiting.
Harry and Meghan are living in the US after quitting royal duties in March 2020.
The couple returned to Britain for the Platinum Jubilee celebrations last month.
They brought their children Archie and Lilibet to the UK for the first time since Megxit.
However the Sussexes kept a low profile during the festivities and were absent from many events during the bank holiday weekend.
Source: Read Full Article