Meghan and Harry have ‘read room’ regarding Netflix says expert
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Things are getting messy for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and their deal with Netflix, according to a royal commentator. US Weekly Correspondent Christina Garibaldi noted the streaming giant’s reluctance to edit the couple’s docu-series despite Harry’s demands for changes. The Royally Us co-host said that Netflix “does not want” to bow to the Duke of Sussex’s calls for big changes to the documentary.
Her co-host Christine Ross, a royal expert, suggested that the Duke and Duchess are finding it “difficult” to tell a consistent story.
She listed the number of projects the couple are juggling, as well as the fact that “Meghan keeps giving these magazine interviews”.
Ms Ross said that the Sussexes are likely to be wary of being fact-checked by royal watchers when the series is released on Netflix.
This comes amid conflicting reports over whether the Netflix series will debut in December or be delayed until 2023.
A Deadline report Monday claimed that the show was being pushed back until 2023 following a backlash to the upcoming season of Netflix hit The Crown.
JUST IN: Prince Harry refers to past royal life in surprising appearance
However, Page Six later insisted, citing”multiple sources,” that Netflix is ignoring Harry and Meghan’s calls to delay the series and going ahead with a December release.
Netflix insiders told Page Six that the series’ filmmakers were left confused by reports that claims Harry makes in his upcoming book are at odds with what he said on camera.
The senior Netflix source said last week: “A lot in the show contradicted what Harry has written, so that was an issue.
“Then Harry and Meghan made significant requests to walk back content they themselves have provided, for their own project.”
Reacting to the news, Ms Garibaldi said: “It seems like things might be getting a little messy for Harry.
Whoopi Goldberg hits out at Meghan Markle's 'bimbo' comments
“Maybe he decided to change up his book a bit, and so then he decided to change up the documentary, and it doesn’t seem Netflix wants to do that.”
Ms Ross added: “It seems like they have so much going on, from the podcast, the documentary, the book, their other Netflix projects, and Meghan keeps giving these magazine interviews.
“Telling a consistent story can be really difficult through all these different mediums, so I bet they are finding it tricky and they want to pull back.
“So much now is meticulously fact-checked, they are probably trying to be a little more careful and wanting to avoid the inevitable fallout.”
Russia pundits advocate sparking Ukraine epidemic to win war [REACTION]
Boris Johnson does best against Keir Starmer in head-to-head [POLL]
Liz Truss’ own former advisor lays into PM in scathing GMB attack [VIDEO]
Meghan acknowledged the series for the first time publicly this week in an interview with Variety magazine.
The Sussexes have been filming the series for more than a year with ‘Brooklyn’ director Liz Garbus.
The Duchess, however, already appears to be distancing herself from the finished product.
She told Variety: “It’s nice to be able to trust someone with our story – a seasoned director whose work I’ve long admired – even if it means it may not be the way we would have told it.
“But that’s not why we’re telling it. We’re trusting our story to someone else, and that means it will go through their lens.”
Meghan is ‘alienating’ people with Hollywood criticism says expert
Royals ‘hiding behind the sofas’ as Markle confirms Netflix doc
Meghan Markle ‘distancing’ herself from Netflix doc, claims Ranvir
Meghan praised for being ‘relatable’ as Duchess ‘started from bottom’
Meghan Markle left Whoopi Goldberg baffled after ‘bimbo’ remark
Source: Read Full Article