Europe

‘Horrified!’ Puppy rushed to vets after eating cannabis dumped at Welsh beauty spot

Driver dumps seven dogs in road and speeds off

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Ten-month-old Pepper was walking with her owner Steven Davies at Giant’s Tooth just off Goitre Coed Road between Abercynon and Merthyr Vale. Mr Davies, 46, explained how Pepper ingested the substance at around 12.45pm on Saturday.

He said: “I constantly walk the mountains and if there’s any fly-tipping on the mountains, I will try and report it.

“About three quarters up the mountain road, where it started to level out before it drops back down, there was a substantial amount of rubbish including plastic, plastic bottles, take away rubbish and a mattress.

“I took a couple of photos and messaged the councillors.

“I didn’t think anything of it.

“My dogs were sniffing around and we carried on walking for an hour after it.”

However, when Mr Davies returned to his home in Abercynon, his family had noticed that Pepper had stopped using her back legs.

Initially, this was put down to tiredness after an eight-mile walk.

However, as Mr Davies explains, it was his daughter who noticed that Pepper was ill. 

He said: “A couple of hours later, my youngest daughter – who is nine – shouted that Pepper had been sick.

“She was sick with what looked like excrement.

“She’s a scrounging dog and I remember on the walk she picked up what looked a bit like excrement, and I told her off and she dropped it.”

As Pepper’s condition deteriorated Mr Davies was able to call an emergency vet. 

DON’T MISS:  
Fury at ‘ridiculous’ new road rules: ‘Make them pay insurance!’ [REVEAL] 
UK drivers in furious cyclist row over new Highway Code rules [INSIGHT]
Brexit: Talks in chaos as Truss tests positive for Covid [SPOTLIGHT] 

He said: “We immediately got hold of an emergency vet down in Taffs Well.

“We went there, and it cost us £225 because we honestly thought our puppy was going to pass away, she was drifting in and out of consciousness.”

The vet suspected Pepper had ingested an illegal substance and tests revealed it was cannabis.

Fortunately, Pepper vomited out the drug and she returned to full health within 24 hours.

Additional reporting by Lucy John.

Source: Read Full Article