House collapses after tumble dryer EXPLODES and sparks blaze

Emergency services raced to the property in Kessingland just after 8.30pm yesterday. The tumble dryer explosion at the house in Green Lane destroyed a wall and started the blaze, according to reports.

Two fire crews and an ambulance attended the scene, with one person taken to hospital.

Green Road remained closed this morning following the incident.

In a tweet today at 9am, Suffolk Highways said: “Green Lane, #Kessingland is currently closed due to a property incident that took place late last night.

“The road will remain closed until further notice, updates will be provided. #Suffolk.”

It comes after firefighters in Wales spent two hours tackling a blaze caused by a washing machine.

Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue were called to an address in Middletown, Welshpool, shortly after 1am on Wednesday.

The fire service did not know whether the machine involved was manufactured by Whirlpool, which recalled 519,000 units due to fire risk on Tuesday.

The company warned of a flaw in the locking system of some Hotpoint and Indesit machines that can potentially cause the appliances to overheat and catch fire.

The property suffered smoke and heat damage, and crews left the scene two hours later at 3.18am.

London sonic boom: People woken and ‘scared’ by terrifying explosion
Electric car battery explodes in footage
Manchester Arndale Centre chaos after firework set off

Neil Evans, deputy head of community safety for Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service, said: “We want to ensure that people are well informed of the risks posed in their homes and how they can protect themselves and their families.

“Running a washing machine, tumble dryer or dishwasher overnight or while you are out is a fire risk because of their high wattage, friction and motors.”

Source: Read Full Article