Kate “hasn’t put herself forward” but has allowed Prince William to take the lead ever since joining the Royal Family, Lady Glenconner, one of the Queen’s maids of honour and the lady-in-waiting of Princess Margaret, said. Praising the Duchess of Cambridge as a “perfect” future Princess of Wales, Lady Glenconner said, as she appeared on ITV’s documentary Inside The Crown: Secrets Of The Royals: “The Duchess of Cambridge has done a really good job.
“She hasn’t put herself forward, which is what happened with the Princess of Wales.
“She’s glorious looking, and sweet and perfect.”
Kate’s personality may have helped the shy Duchess to give way to the future King, according to one royal expert.
The Sun’s royal correspondent Emily Andrews said: “I think it helped that Catherine is a personality that is quite publicly closed, is quite careful, she never puts a nude court heel wrong does she.”
However, the Duchess of Cambridge has came out of her shell during the past years.
Kate has been increasingly carrying out more solo engagements and is now leading a groundbreaking project, called Early Years, studying into the impact the first five years of life on adults.
Earlier this week, the Duchess of Cambridge embarked on a 24-hour solo dash across the UK to promote a survey “aiming to spark the biggest ever conversation on early childhood”, as stated by Kensington Palace.
Lady Glenconner, a British peeress and socialite who served as lady-in-waiting for the Queen’s sister for almost 30 years, added that Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, may have to take a leaf out of Kate’s book and allow Prince Harry to take the lead – because that’s what “we want in the Royal Family”.
Appearing to speak before Meghan and Harry announced their decision to step back as senior royals earlier this month, Lady Glenconner added: “But she lets Prince William take the lead, which is what the Duchess of Sussex may have to learn, that that’s what we want in the Royal Family.”
Meghan and Prince Harry agreed last week on the terms of their exit deal from the Royal Family as full-time working members.
The couple were granted by the Queen the rights to live abroad, pursue private business ventures and become financially independent.
However, they were asked to relinquish the use of the HRH style, renounce to carry out any royal duties and step back from military appointments.
The couple, who moved into their Windsor home, Frogmore Cottage, in Spring 2019 after spending £2.4m of taxpayers money in refurbishing works, have also offered to repay the Sovereign Grant expenditure.
While Meghan and Harry are effectively stepping down as working members of the Royal Family, the Queen pointed out they “will always be much-loved members of my family.”
She added: “I recognise the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life.
“I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family.
“It is my whole family’s hope that today’s agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life.”
Meghan has flown back to Canada on January 9 after having spent a six-week break with Archie Harrison and Prince Harry over the festive period in December.
The Duchess has been spotted in public three times in the past few weeks, boarding a seaplane to visit two charities in Vancouver, picking up a friend from the airport and on a stroll with her dogs and Archie.
Source: Read Full Article