Europe

Kate stands up to represent Royal Family hit by Covid on visit to Denmark

Kate Middleton wears sapphire and diamond earrings

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The Queen tested positive for coronavirus at the weekend, with Buckingham Palace confirming on Sunday that the 95-year-old monarch was experiencing “mild cold-like symptoms”. However, the palace said she was continuing with “light duties” at Windsor Castle. It added: “She will continue to receive medical attention and will follow all the appropriate guidelines.”

But the Duchess of Cambridge is going ahead with a solo trip to Copenhagen tomorrow with her Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood.

She will be in Denmark for one night, travelling home on February 23.

The trip will see her make an official visit to a Danish project working to protect vulnerable women and children from domestic violence.

She will be joined by Crown Princess Mary, after receiving an official welcome from Queen Margrethe of Denmark.

Kate’s Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood, which was launched in June 2021, focuses on how early childhood experiences shape later life.

Crown Princess Mary has also established her own foundation, launched in 2007, which aims to improve the lives of vulnerable women and children.

The British and Danish royal families share close ties, with the Queen and Queen Margrethe being third cousins.

The two royals are both descended from Queen Victoria and King Christian IX of Denmark.

Queen Margrethe was also among the guests at the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding in April 2011.

A spokesperson for Kensington Palace said: “The Duchess is looking forward to visiting the country, learning from the Danish people, and continuing to build on the already close friendship between the two countries.”

The Queen tested positive for coronavirus just days after Prince Charles contracted the virus for the second time.

The 73-year-old tested positive on 10 February, two days after the pair had met each other.

DON’T MISS: 
Meghan and Harry warned Netflix will consider ‘pulling plug’ on deal [REVEAL] 
Rishi Sunak accused of ‘ignoring plight of pensioners’ in UK crisis [REACTION] 
Rogue vet carried out unneeded operations on dogs for extra cash [REPORT]

A number of people have also reportedly tested positive at Windsor Castle.

But BBC royal correspondent Daniela Relph said “the mood at Windsor Castle is one of caution and no major cause for alarm”.

She added that it will be “business-as-usual as much as is possible for the Queen”.

However, she did say that the Queen’s medical time is likely to be keeping a close eye on her as she appears to be much frailer than she was last year.

Both Boris Johnson and Keir Starmer sent their good wishes to the monarch as she recovers from the virus.

Mr Johnson tweeted: “I’m sure I speak for everyone in wishing Her Majesty The Queen a swift recovery from Covid and a rapid return to vibrant good health.”

While Sir Keir said: “On behalf of myself and the whole of @UKLabour, wishing Her Majesty The Queen good health and a speedy recovery.

“Get well soon, Ma’am.”

Source: Read Full Article