Europe

Kevin Spacey denies seven fresh sexual assault charges

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Kevin Spacey has denied seven sexual offence allegations after a fourth complainant emerged. The fresh charges comprise of three counts of indecent assault, three counts of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent, on unspecified dates between 2001 and 2005. Spacey appeared in Southwark Crown Court via videolink to confirm his identity and enter his plea.

Spacey appeared at the Old Bailey last July to deny five allegations related to three men who are now in their 30s and 40s.

He pleaded not guilty to four charges of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.

The allegations are said to have taken place in London and Gloucestershire between 2005 and 2013.

The new charges take the total number of allegations against the Oscar winner to 12. 

Spacey has been granted unconditional bail and will face a four-week trial on all charges on June 6.

A pre-trial review is due to take place on April 5.

The actor is best known for his roles in the Netflix series House of Cards, American Beauty, and The Usual Suspects.

In October last year, the actor, who was artistic director at The Old Vic between 2004 and 2015, won a civil lawsuit in the US where he was accused of an “unwanted sexual advance” at a party in 1986.

In that lawsuit, he “categorically denied” the accusations and said he “did not harbour any sexual interest or desire” at the time or since the alleged incident.

Source: Read Full Article