Man admits raping woman he met on dating app who went to his house

A man has been convicted of raping a woman he met on a dating app.

Ryan Mulhern, 41, pleaded guilty to rape and attempted rape following the incident in north London in March.

Mulhern, of Hornsey Lane, pleaded guilty and was convicted of rape and attempted rape at Snaresbrook Crown Court on April 21.

Police were called to an address on Hornsey Lane in Haringey just before 10pm after a member of the public found the victim crying and stating she had just been raped.

The court heard that at 9.50pm on March 21, police were called to Hornsey Lane after a member of the public found a woman crying and stating that she had just been raped.

The victim, aged 25, explained that she had met Mulhern on a dating app and had gone to his house to meet up.

Whilst there Mulhern raped her, she confirmed, explaining that she ‘repeatedly told him to stop but he continued’.

Latest London news

  • Serving Met Police officer charged with assault to appear in court
  • Inspired by this year’s runners? Here’s how to sign up for the London Marathon 2024
  • Woman given ‘heartless’ bus lane fine for chasing partner’s ambulance

To get the latest news from the capital visit’s visit Metro’s London news hub.

She fled the house and then bumped into a member of the public who called 999.

Officers appointed a sexual offences investigations techniques officer to support the victim through her report and when giving evidence.

She was taken to a haven the following day for specialised support.

Officers launched an investigation which saw them ‘search several addresses looking for Mulhern, initially without success,’ a Metropolitan Police spokesperson confirmed.

They said: ’Numerous teams were deployed in a resource-intensive manhunt using a variety of tactics to locate and arrest him.

‘This pressure ultimately led to Mulhern’s arrest in Islington one day later on Wednesday, March 22.

‘The investigation team then worked tirelessly to secure evidence and ensure that Mulhern was charged and remanded in custody in order to remove a dangerous offender from the streets.’

Following Mulhern’s conviction, Detective Sergeant Sam Lockstone, who led the investigation, said: ‘I am incredibly proud of my team for supporting the victim throughout this investigation with such professionalism.

‘Arresting, charging and remanding Mulhern, and then him pleading guilty, within one month of the incident shows the dedication and commitment our teams have in pursuing justice for these horrific offences.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected].

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Source: Read Full Article