Europe

Man charged over stabbing of two women in Burnley Marks and Spencer store

A man has been charged after two women were stabbed in a Marks and Spencer store.

Lancashire Police said 57-year-old Munawar Hussain has been charged with two counts of attempted murder, following a counter-terrorism investigation.

A shop worker in her 40s and a member of the public in her 60s were taken to hospital with stab injuries following the incident in St James Street, Burnley, on 2 December last year.

A force spokesman said Hussain was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and held under the Mental Health Act.

He said after a “counter-terrorism investigation was completed” and following consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, Hussain was charged.

Hussain, of Lancashire, is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.

Source: Read Full Article