Europe

Meghan and Harry pay loving tribute to Princess Diana with baby no.2 announcement

Meghan Markle and Harry: GMB discuss pregnancy announcement

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have paralleled Diana, Princess of Wales, by making their baby announcement on the same date she did, a royal commentator has claimed. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed that they are preparing to welcome their second child this year, sharing a new black and white picture to mark the occasion. ITV Royal Editor Chris Ship spoke to Good Morning Britain about the news.

He told viewers: “It was 37 years ago, almost to the day, that Princess Diana announced that she was pregnant with Harry.

“It was February 13, 1984, and it hit the papers on Valentine’s Day that year.

“We got this announcement on Valentine’s Day as well.”

Mr Ship also pointed out that the announcement may have been hinted at much earlier.

He told GMB: “We had an inkling that Meghan was pregnant.

“Remember when they asked a judge last year to delay the court case?

“It’s the one that actually concluded last week.

“But they had asked the judge to delay it by nine months, the trial that would have happened this autumn.”

William and Harry: Expert discusses Diana statue

The royal expert continued: “We were all thinking, ‘nine months? That’s quite interesting’.

“Lo and behold, they confirmed yesterday that Meghan is pregnant with baby number two.

“Great news, particularly after the heartbreak she shared in November about the miscarriage she suffered last summer.”

DON’T MISS
Prince Charles ‘jealous’ of William and Harry after ‘dreadful’ blow [VIDEO]
Princess Eugenie renounces Royal Family role upgrade to focus on son [INSIGHT]
Queen ‘ruined’ Princess Margaret’s life after royal decree ‘backfired’ [ANALYSIS]

The Duchess of Sussex had revealed last year that she experienced a miscarriage in July 2020.

Meghan wrote a personal essay for The New York Times about her and Harry’s pain and loss.

She said that it “broke her husband’s heart” and hoped that people could commit to asking others if they were okay.

Now the couple have confirmed that they are “overjoyed” to expect a second child.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales and the rest of the Royal Family “are delighted and wish them well”.

Source: Read Full Article