Europe

Meghan and Harry should not be invited to Balmoral – ‘Queen should use head not heart’

Harry and Meghan's popularity 'waning' in America says expert

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are reportedly hoping to strengthen their relationship with the Royal Family by being invited to visit the Queen this summer during her stay at the royal Scottish estate of Balmoral. Royal commentator Neil Sean said in a recent upload on his YouTube channel that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were “hoping for a holiday invite”.

He said: “There could be good news on the horizon apparently because as we know, our wonderful monarch likes to holiday up in one of her favourite homes, Balmoral, up in Scotland.

“You go over there and you’re completely cut off from the world and it makes you relax and think good thoughts.

“It’s the time of year where our monarch likes to invite members of her family to come and spend time with her, they don’t all come at once, they all come when they’re invited at segregated times.” 

In response, Express.co.uk asked readers their opinion on whether Meghan and Harry should receive an invitation.

In a poll that ran from 11am on Tuesday, June 28, to 1pm on Thursday June 30, Express.co.uk asked: “Should Meghan and Harry be invited to Balmoral?”

A total of 6,852 people responded the dominant response being “no”, winning by a landslide of 95 percent (6,523 people)

Meanwhile, four percent (287 people) said “yes”, they should be invited to stay, and just one percent (42 people) said they did not know either way. 

Dozens of readers shared their thoughts in the comments below the accompanying article.

Many were against Meghan and Harry being invited with one reader, username Cruz marin writing: “No they should not be invited.” 

Username kenbren said: “The Queen should use her head not her heart, and not invite them.”

Another reader, username Love Animals said: “No they should definitely not be invited.” 

And username Yorkshire lass 2 said: “Absolutely not. Meghan has made it clear she doesn’t like Balmoral.”

Meghan and Harry were invited to stay at Balmoral in 2019 but declined the invitation, saying  that their then-newborn son Archie, now three, was too young to travel with them.

Two years ago the couple stepped down from their positions as senior working royals and relocated to Montecito, California.

They could decline another invitation due to their one-year-old daughter Lilibet’s age, despite travelling to the UK from the US as a family for the Platinum Jubilee at the start of June.

Username horsey horsey said: “Definitely not. They refused previous invitations so why are they looking for one now?”

And username keke in the hole wrote: “They didn’t want to go when they were living in the UK. What makes anyone think they want to go now.”

DON’T MISS:

Harry and Meghan Frogmore Cottage deal is ‘good’ for taxpayer’ [ANALYSIS]
Archie had ‘very special’ reunion with Prince Charles [INSIGHT]
Royal LIVE: Details of Harry and Meghan’s trip to England laid bare [LATEST]

The Queen travelled to her Scottish estate earlier this week with other senior members of the Royal Family for Holyrood Week.

Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Edward and Sophie, the Earl and Countess of Wessex made the journey with the monarch but it has not been confirmed which other members of the Royal Family will visit. 

The Queen traditionally stays at Balmoral for around three months, departing at the end of September or early October. 

Some readers argued that it was up to Her Majesty to decide who she would like to invite to stay.

Username Milton keynes mum said: “Balmoral is the Queen’s home, up to her.”

And username Grockle said: “If the Queen wants them there, she can – of course – invite them.”

Source: Read Full Article