Harry & Meghan: Explosive trailer for Netflix documentary
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s reported $100million advance from Netflix has been disputed by an expert. After stepping down from full-time royal duties in 2020, the Sussex royals signed a deal with the streaming giant worth a reported $100million (£82,005,000) via their Archewell Productions studio. After months of speculation, trailers have been released for a docuseries about the Duke and Duchess.
Royal commentator Neil Sean was asked about the reported $100 million the Sussex royals have been paid by Netflix, but rubbished claims the streaming service would pay them that much.
“There’s speculation they’ve paid $100million. Trust me, Netflix are not that stupid.
“They’ve been paid an advance, but this really all hinges now on whether we watch it, download it, stream it, whatever we do.
“Now judging by the trailer that’s been released so far, the dislikes outweigh the likes.”
Mr Sean also told Fox News in an interview: “What I quite liked about it was, for me it was like one of those bad movies, the cult classics where you think ‘oh no, really?’”
The expert also questioned “what’s Harry protecting his family from”, before firing back: “Some people might suggest Meghan.”
He then said: “The bottom line is what is he protecting?
“It’s ridiculous, high camp humour, but the bottom line is it all really hinders on whether you and me will watch it. But will we?”
It comes after the full trailer for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Netflix documentary series was released today.
In the clip from ‘Harry and Meghan’, the Duke is heard suggesting that there were stories “planted” against Meghan during their time as senior members of the royal institution.
“There’s a hierarchy of the family,” he says in the trailer. “You know, there’s leaking, but there’s also planting of stories.”
Volume one of the series will be available on Thursday, December 8, with volume two to follow the following week on December 15.
After signing the deal with Netflix, the Duke and Duchess said they planned to “create content that informs but also gives hope”.
They shared in an official statement: “As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us.”
Harry and Meghan added that the “unprecedented reach” of Netflix will help them “share impactful content that unlocks action.”
Prisoner strangled to death during ‘violent restraint’ by 6 guards
‘Domestic terrorism’ plunges 47,000 North Carolina homes into darkness
Police officer killed in horror car crash
Source: Read Full Article