Europe

Meghan and Harry’s ex-aides ‘queuing up’ to help bullying probe

Meghan Markle: Palace 'worried about Oprah chat' says expert

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

At least 10 former Sussex staff members are “queuing up” to help Buckingham Palace with its investigation into allegations of bullying made against Meghan Markle, 39, by royal aides, Mirror Online reports. The investigation was launched after a report in The Times outlined a complaint lodged by a former Palace employee against Meghan.

A source told Mirror Online how former royal aides who “have been silent for too long” are preparing to offer their help in the probe into Meghan after being given assurances of confidentiality by the Palace.

Insiders connected to the group said those involved were all considered to be “hugely professional and proud of their efforts” while working at Kensington Palace.

One said: “A group of people are queuing up to be involved.

“They have been silent for too long and there is much to talk about.”

Buckingham Palace released a statement about the probe on Thursday which read: “We are clearly very concerned about allegations in The Times following claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.”

The statement added: “Accordingly our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article.

“Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned.

“The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.”

Royal insiders said the Queen was “completely right” to order the probe “in the face of new allegations”.

Tensions between the Palace and the Sussexes have been building in recent days ahead of the couple’s tell-all interview with US chat show host Oprah Winfrey airing on Sunday.

The sitdown will be the first time Meghan and Harry lift the lid on their time as senior royals and is expected to contain some sensational revelations.

The Palace came under fire from Meghan in a new CBS teaser of the special released on Thursday.

DON’T MISS
Kate Middleton and Prince William expected back in London any day [INSIGHT]
Meghan & Harry fans lash out as Palace reacts to ‘bullying’ claims [REACTION]
Camilla’s Philip health update ‘less reassuring’ than previous briefs [VIDEO]

Responding to Oprah’s question, “How do you feel about the Palace hearing you speak your truth today?”

Meghan replied: “I don’t know how they could expect that, after all of this time, we would still just be silent if there is an active role that The Firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us.

“And, if that comes with risk of losing things, I mean, I … there is a lot that has been lost already.”

Responding to the reports in The Times, a Sussex spokesman said: “The duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.

“She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good.”

On March 4 ViacomCBS Global Distribution group confirmed Oprah With Meghan And Harry: A CBS Primetime Special had been licensed to air worldwide.

The programme will first go out on CBS in the USA on March 7 at 8pm EST.

Britons keen to catch the programme will be able to see it on March 8 on ITV at 8pm.

Source: Read Full Article