Meghan Markle and Harry may 'pop up again' claims Myers
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Royal expert Angela Levin hit out at the Duke and Duchess of Sussex after they claimed there had been conversations at the palace surrounding Archie’s title and security. The royal author was asked by commentator Andrew Pierce whether she thinks the Firm would be “displeased” if Meghan and Harry gave up their titles after their bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.
Appearing on Mail Plus’ The Andrew Pierce Show, Ms Levin said: “It’s very interesting because a lot of Meghan’s complaints during the interview with Oprah Winfrey was about titles.
“Now, she claims she is not a little bit interested in titles because she wants to be authentic, but they are really quite obsessed with it.
“And certainly to give little Archie a title of prince, which is completely not what the formula is, because great-grandchildren can’t get it when there is a monarch.
“When, and I hope is not for a long time, the Queen dies and Prince Charles takes over, they can choose if they want a title [for Archie].
“It will be very interesting to see if they want one or not.”
Meghan and Prince Harry appeared on Sunday night on US television in a two-hour-long interview with Oprah.
During their landmark tell-all chat, Meghan claimed there were conversations about her future child’s status while she was pregnant, including what title and security he should receive.
Meghan told Oprah she only wanted her son to have a title to give him protection.
Recalling conversations relayed to her by Prince Harry, she claimed: “They were saying they didn’t want him to be a prince or princess, which would be different from protocol, and that he wasn’t going to receive security.
“This went on for the last few months of our pregnancy where I was going, hold on for a second.”
She then claimed she was told that without a title, Archie may also not be entitled to be protected by security.
She said: “Okay, well, he needs to be safe so we’re not saying don’t make him a prince or princess, but if you’re saying the title is what’s going to affect that protection, we haven’t created this monster machine around us in terms of clickbait and tabloid fodder you’ve allowed that to happen which means our son needs to be safe.”
The Duchess added: “All around this same time we had in tandem the conversation of he won’t be given security, he’s not going to be given a title, and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he’s born.”
According to Letters Patent issued by King George V in 1917, the title of prince is passed through the male line only up to the grandchildren of the sovereign and the eldest grandson of the Prince of Wales.
The Queen also issued Letters Patent in 2012 stating all of Prince William’s children would be entitled to get an HRH style and title.
This means Archie, upon his birth, was not entitled to the title of prince.
And Meghan appeared to know this existing ruling, as she referred in the interview to a “George V or George VI convention” which would give the possibility to her son Archie to get that title “when Harry’s dad becomes king”.
In the interview, Meghan, who after Megxit has retained her full royal titles but can no longer use her HRH style, went on claiming she had been told when she was pregnant that “they want to change the convention for Archie”, suggesting there could have been a plan to bar her son from becoming a prince after the Queen’s death.
She added: “The first member of colour in this family, not being titled in the same way that other grandchildren would be… it’s not their right to take it away.”
Archie was born on May 6 2019 at Portland Hospital in London.
At the time of his birth, it was widely reported, but not officially confirmed by the palace with a statement, the Sussexes had chosen not to style their son as Earl of Dumbarton to give him a more normal life.
Buckingham Palace did not comment on Meghan and Harry’s claims over possible changes to the “convention”.
Rather, the Queen issued a comprehensive statement in which she touched upon claims of racism within the Royal Family.
She said: “The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.
“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.
“Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members.”
Source: Read Full Article