We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
A YouGov poll has found 64 percent of Britons are not interested at all in watching the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s content on Netflix, while 20 percent are not very interested. Just nine percent of respondents said they are fairly interested, with three percent very interested. Four percent did not know.
Commenting on Twitter, one person wrote: “Woke tv shows.. British public say no!”
Another said: “Can’t imagine many Brits are interested at all.”
A third commented: “Cancelled Netflix. Not paying one penny to them.”
One added: “I’d rather watch paint dry than these two nobodies.”
A fifth said: “Hopefully soon their titles are rescinded by HM.”
But another disagreed and said: “Lol. Whatever. That’s fine. The rest of the world will just watch then.”
And one more added: “Netflix is global. Harry and Meghan have a global reach. But nice try.”
Daily Express royal reporter Richard Palmer tweeted: “There will perhaps be more interest in the US.”
YouGov polled 2,713 British adults on September 3.
It was announced earlier this week that the Queen’s grandson and the former actress, who have quit royal duties for a new life in the US, have signed a deal with Netflix.
Harry and Meghan said in a statement: “Our lives, both independent of each other, and as a couple have allowed us to understand the power of the human spirit: of courage, resilience, and the need for connection.
Meghan’s Netflix deal will free Prince Charles from financial burden [INSIGHT]
Meghan Markle ‘could mirror Obamas AGAIN’ with another huge move [ANALYSIS]
Harry and Meghan’s Netflix deal slammed on Loose Women [VIDEO]
“Through our work with diverse communities and their environments, to shining a light on people and causes around the world, our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope.
“As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us, as is powerful storytelling through a truthful and relatable lens.”
They added that they were “pleased” to be working with Ted Sarandos, co-chief executive officer and chief content officer of Netflix, and his team “whose unprecedented reach will help us share impactful content that unlocks action”.
Mr Sarandos said: “We’re incredibly proud they have chosen Netflix as their creative home – and are excited about telling stories with them that can help build resilience and increase understanding for audiences everywhere.”
Netflix has said there were already several projects in development including an innovative nature docu-series and an animated series that celebrates inspiring women.
Meghan and Harry plunged the monarchy into a period of crisis in January when they revealed bombshell plans to step back as senior royals.
They hoped to continue supporting the Queen while becoming financially independent.
But the proposal was deemed unworkable due to fears they would be accused of cashing in on their royal status.
Ex-Suits star Meghan and Harry officially ended royal duties on March 31 and are now living in an £11 million mansion in Santa Barbara with their one-year-old son Archie.
The Sussexes have followed in the footsteps of other global celebrities like former president Barack Obama and wife Michelle in signing a deal with Netflix.
Harry and Meghan could earn more than 250 million dollars (£190m) under their agreement with the streaming service, according to Jonathan Shalit, chairman of the talent agency InterTalent.
He said the deal would fund their new life in America and the “neutral” stance of Netflix would not cause issues for the Royal Family in the UK.
Source: Read Full Article