Europe

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘so far removed’ can’t be used for clue on Queen’s health

Meghan Markle: Australian TV hosts lose it over Ellen interview

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

According to Gertrude Daly, who runs the Gert’s Royal podcast, the couple would not change their plans around the Queen’s ill health. The Duchess of Sussex made an appearance on American Talkshow Ellen yesterday, despite the Queen’s recent health issues.

The royal expert said that Meghan’s appearance won’t “ease fears about the Queen’s health”, as the couple are so “far removed”.

Speaking to the Daily Star, she said: “I don’t think it will ease fears about the Queen’s health.

“I don’t think anyone is using the Sussexes as a barometer for the Royal’s health.”

“They are just so far removed.

“And given that they aired the Oprah interview while Prince Philip was in the hospital on an extended stay, the Sussexes are clearly not planning around the Royal‘s health.

“I think they would only change their plans if someone actually died.”

Royal fans hit out at the 40-year-old royal’s appearance on the show, hosted by Ellen DeGeneres, calling it “poorly timed”.

According to the Daily Star, one fat hit back, saying: “Personally I am stunned that the Duchess is once again giving a very public interview at a time when our monarch is not in the best of health.

LIVE UPDATES: Royal Family LIVE: Dazzling Kate and William steal show

“Whatever may be said, the last poorly timed interview was not helpful to anyone but the Sussex couple and to the interviewer. It was certainly not helpful to the late Duke of Edinburgh.”

However, others defended the Duchess.

One person said: “How can anybody dislike her, she’s so down to earth and humble.”

While another added: “So many negative people that have no lives and hate her for having a beautiful one.”

DON’T MISS: 
Camilla ‘dreading’ being in the spotlight when Charles becomes king [REVEAL]
Meghan could still win case despite enraging critics [ANALYSIS]
Boris humiliated as Tory voters turn back on PM in new poll [REACTION]

The Queen has had to cancel a series of public engagements in recent months, owing to ill health.

Most recently, the 95-year-old monarch cancelled her attendance at the Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph after she sprained her back.

In the leadup to the event, palace officials had reassured the public that the Queen would be attending, saying: “The Queen will attend the annual Remembrance Day Service at the Cenotaph on Sunday 14th November.

The Queen also previously cancelled her attendance at COP26 and a visit to Northern Ireland, after spending a night in the hospital – her first overnight stay in eight years.

Senior royals – including future kings Prince Charles and Prince William – were out in full force at COP26, where they represented the royal family in the Queen’s absence.

However, palace officials have reassured the public that, while her duties will be scaled back, the Queen has “no intention of stepping back” from royal duties altogether.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex stepped down as senior royal’s in March last year.

The couple’s controversial Oprah interview eight months ago coincided with the late Prince Philip being in hospital.

Source: Read Full Article