Europe

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s latest actions could stop Charles becoming King

Prince William ‘better long-term bet’ than Charles says Kenny

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Royal author Anna Pasternak warned the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have “sparked something so fundamentally incendiary” in the UK which could “topple” the “archaic institution” of the monarchy. Meghan and Harry made a set of damaging claims about the Royal Family in the controversial TV interview, which aired last month.

Ms Pasternak told Vanity Fair: “I’m not 100 percent sure that we will see Charles ascend to the throne.

“The Sussexes have sparked something so fundamentally incendiary in this country that it is changing the face of Britain, and I think the monarchy as an archaic institution may well topple.”

She added that “it may be that there is such a groundswell of public opinion against [Charles] that it’s deemed by the firm preferable for William to ascend then because he’s younger, more relatable.”

Meghan and Harry made a series of explosive claims about the royals to Winfrey.

They accused an unnamed member of the Royal Family – not the Queen or Prince Philip – of racism.

The Sussexes claimed Meghan was refused help when royal life left her feeling suicidal.

The former Suits star also claimed Kate made her cry ahead of her royal wedding – after previous reports suggested it was the other way round.

And Harry insisted his father the Prince of Wales and brother Prince William were “trapped” in the monarchy.

William angrily denied accusations of racism against the royals during an engagement days after the interview.

And the royals made clear their version of events was not the same as Meghan and Harry’s, saying in a statement that “some recollections may vary”.

The Sussexes quit royal duties in March 2020 for a new life of personal and financial freedom in America.

DON’T MISS
Prince Harry had UK taxpayer-funded security for funeral visit [INSIGHT]
Has Prince Harry gone back to California? [ANALYSIS]
Prince Charles ‘desperate’ for sons to reunite after funeral talks [VIDEO]

The couple, who are expecting their second child, have bought an £11 million mansion in California.

They have signed lucrative deals with Netflix and Spotify as they launch new careers across the pond.

Harry returned to Britain for the first time since Megxit for Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday.

Pregnant Meghan remained in America after being advised against flying.

Harry was spotted chatting to William after the service, raising hopes that the once-close brothers could end their rift.

The Sussexes sparked a royal crisis when they announced Megxit last year.

And their TV interview last month plunged the monarchy into a fresh crisis.

Source: Read Full Article