Europe

Meghan Markle appears in unseen photo before ‘the hubbub’ and meeting Prince Harry

Royal insider discusses ‘PR games’ from Meghan and Harry

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Meghan was pictured with her former Suits co-stars in a snap that was posted on Twitter yesterday by Aaron Korsh, the writer and creator of the Canadian NBC show. He also posted a caption which said: “Back when we were young. “Before all the hubbub. Photo by @halfadams.”

The 39-year-old Duchess starred the show for seven series.

Her character, Rachel Zane, was a love interest for Mike Ross, who was played by Patrick J Adams, and they were both written out of the show at the same time.

Meghan left as her relationship with Prince Harry started becoming serious, after they started dating in 2016.

Her final episode was aired in April 2018, a month before the couple were due to tied the knot at Windsor Castle.

Mr Korsh later said he wrote Meghan out of the show after realising her relationship with Harry was “burgeoning”.

Back in November 2017, he told Radio 4’s Today programme: “I knew from a year ago that this relationship was burgeoning.

“And I had a decision to make because I didn’t want to intrude and ask her, ‘Hey what’s going on and what are you going to do?’

“So collectively with the writers, we decided to take a gamble that these two people were in love and it was going to work out.

“What we decided to do (was to) say, ‘look, I would rather have good things happen to Meghan in her life’ – which would likely mean her leaving the show.

“So let’s plan on that and it’s much easier to undo that, if it came to it, than to just plan on her staying forever and then finding out she’s going to go.”

Meghan’s fairytale life as a royal did not last for long as she and Harry announced they were quitting as senior royals to move to the US last year.

Since then, they have found financial independence after setting up their Archewell brand and signing multi-million pound deals with Spotify and Netflix.

DON’T MISS
Prince Philip to ride in Land Rover hearse for final journey [PICTURES]
Kate to arrive alone to Prince Philip’s funeral [REVEALED]
Queen bans military uniforms for ALL royals at Philip’s funeral [INSIGHT]

The couple caused controversy last month after their bombshell interview with Oprah as Harry spoke about feeling trapped within the Firm, while Meghan said she felt suicidal.

They also spoke about an unnamed member of the Royal Family making comments about their son Archie’s skin tone before he was born, although Prime William later denied the royals were racist.

Harry has now travelled to the UK ahead of Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday.

Meghan, who is pregnant with her second child, has remained at their home in Montecito, California, after doctors told her not to fly.

Harry quarantined at Nottingham Cottage, where he proposed to Meghan in 2017.

Meghan, who is expected to give birth in the summer, is reported to have said the family should “put their differences aside” as they mourn the Duke of Edinburgh after he died at the age of 99 last week.

An insider with close ties to the Duchess told DailyMail.com: “Meghan said her main concern right now is supporting Harry.

“She said she left it up to him as to whether or not she would attend the funeral.

Prince Philip funeral: Meghan's absence assessed by Lancaster

“Meghan said it’s during these times when family should come together, put their differences aside and unite as one.

“She said this is what Prince Philip would want and that she’s willing to forgive and move forward.”

Harry gave a light-hearted tribute to his grandfather on Monday as he said: “He has been a rock for Her Majesty The Queen with unparalleled devotion, by her side for 73 years of marriage, and while I could go on, I know that right now he would say to all of us, beer in hand, ‘Oh do get on with it!’.

“My grandfather was a man of service, honour and great humour. He was authentically himself, with a seriously sharp wit, and could hold the attention of any room due to his charm-and also because you never knew what he might say next.

“He will be remembered as the longest reigning consort to the Monarch, a decorated serviceman, a Prince and a Duke. But to me, like many of you who have lost a loved one or grandparent over the pain of this past year, he was my grandpa: master of the barbecue, legend of banter, and cheeky right ’til the end.’

“So, on that note, Grandpa, thank you for your service, your dedication to Granny, and for always being yourself. You will be sorely missed, but always remembered-by the nation and the world. Meghan, Archie, and I (as well as your future great-granddaughter) will always hold a special place for you in our hearts.”

He finished with the Latin words ”Per Mare, Per Terram” and “By Sea, By Land”, which is the motto of the Royal Marines.

Harry is also expected to return to his family in the US shortly after the emotional ceremony.

An insider told Us Weekly: “He’s already really missing Meghan and Archie and has been FaceTiming them every day to check in.

“He actually speaks to Meghan a few times a day because he worries [about] leaving her when she’s so far along in her pregnancy.”

Source: Read Full Article