Meghan Markle likely to miss 2021 royal events says expert
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Vote in our poll and let us know more about what you think in the comments section. Meghan, 39, and Harry, 36, shared bombshell plans to step back as senior royals and become financially independent in January 2020.
The announcement is said to have left other members of the Royal Family blindsided.
The Queen was forced to arrange a summit at Sandringham with Prince Charles, Prince William and Harry to resolve the crisis.
The Sussexes ended royal duties on March 31 after a final round of engagements.
But the Megxit arrangements are due to be reviewed after 12 months.
It is thought the intention was to leave a way back for Meghan and Harry if they want to return to the royal fold.
Let us know in our poll if you would support a return by the pair to being senior working royals.
Since Megxit, the couple has bought an £11million mansion in California where they are living with their young son Archie.
The Queen’s grandson and the former actress have also signed lucrative deals – thought to be worth well over £100million – with Netflix and Spotify to make shows and podcasts.
And they have launched the website for their non-profit organisation Archewell.
However the Megxit review will have to deal with a number of unresolved issues, including Harry’s honorary military titles which were put on hold for a year.
Harry is understood to be hoping to return to Britain in the summer for a number of key royal events including Trooping the Colour, Prince Philip’s 100th birthday and the unveiling of a statue he and William commissioned to honour their late mother Princess Diana.
But reports have suggested ex-Suits star Meghan is likely to remain in America with Archie.
Princess Eugenie planned unusual photo ‘to protect Andrew’ – expert [LIVE BLOG]
Meghan did not follow Queen’s ‘motto’ Duchess ‘different’ to monarch [ANALYSIS]
Prince Harry on same ‘forced path’ as Princess Anne’s ex Mark Phillips [INSIGHT]
Speaking in January, Harry’s friend Tom Bradby said he has been left “heartbroken by the situation with his family” after moving to the US.
The journalist made the comments during an appearance on Love Your Weekend With Alan Titchmarsh.
Asked if he thought the couple seemed any happier across the pond, journalist Mr Bradby said: “So are they unhappy? No, I think they are content, the things they are doing they are quite excited by.
“I think he is heartbroken by the situation with his family, you don’t necessarily need to have knowledge to know that, but I think it is true.”
The alleged rift in the Royal Family was laid bare when Meghan and Harry opened up to Mr Bradby in an ITV documentary months before their Megxit announcement.
Tensions between the Sussexes and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were clear during their last engagement at the Commonwealth Day Service.
And royal book Finding Freedom by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, which was released last year, made a number of explosive claims about a downturn in relations between Meghan, Harry and other royals.
Source: Read Full Article