Europe

Meghan Markle ‘trapped’ claim disputed as she was seen walking around London supermarkets

Meghan Markle 'walked to supermarkets from palace' claims Norton

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

Meghan Markle spoke to Oprah about feeling “trapped” and isolated within the Monarchy during her unprecedented no holds barred interview which aired last month. The Duchess of Sussex spoke of times when she “could not feel lonelier” as a working royal and claimed the Palace has denied her the right to even go for lunch with friends. At one point Meghan said the isolation got so bad she only left the house “twice in four months”.

However, Andrew Morton, author of the bestselling biography Diana: Her True Story has since questioned Meghan’s version of events during a conversation with Royal correspondents on Roberta Fiorito and Rachel Bowie for the Royally Obsessed podcast.

Mr Morton told the podcast: “I was thinking well friends of mine have seen Meghan walking from Wholefood supermarket on Kensington High Street with bags of food back to Kensington Palace.

“Didn’t seem too much like a prison.

“Other friends have seen her out and about with friends at restaurants and phones and said ‘you’ll never guess who I’m sat next to’

JUST IN: US host erupts at Meghan Markle and Harry’s secret wedding backlash ‘Get out of here!’

“So there is that sense that she seems to me to have led a normal life.

“But the way she put it it was almost though her passport was taken from her, her keys were taken from her and yet she was able to go to New York on a private jet to celebrate a baby shower.

“And make eight overseas trips without working handcuffs so there just seemed an inconsistency but also a similarity with Diana.

“So it was a complex interview and it left unresolved many questions.”

Meghan Markle and Harry: Justin Welby discusses wedding claims

During the interview, Meghan insisted that the Firm had prevented her from leaving her home in Windsor, Frogmore Cottage, telling Oprah: “I’ve left the house twice in four months. I’m everywhere but I am nowhere.”

However, an investigation by the Daily Mail claims that the official record of royal engagements lists Meghan’s attendance at official functions on 73 days in the 17 months between her wedding.to Prince Harry in May 2018 and her departure for Canada, in November 2019.

The report continues: “On those days, at least 65 involved leaving her home.

“There are just two apparent gaps in this hectic schedule, both in 2019: from March 22 to July 5; and from July 14 to September 23.”

DON’T MISS

Royal Family LIVE: Queen told to apologise to Meghan [LIVE]
Princess Diana would not have approved of Harry ‘attacking’ William [INSIGHT]
‘Truth is always uncomfortable’ Meghan Markle needs to ‘get on with it [VIDEO]

The newspaper claimed during the first period she travelled to hospital and had at least four private outings.

In the second period, she went on holiday four times; to Italy, France, Ibiza and the US.

The Daily Mail concluded: “There doesn’t appear to be any ‘four-month’ period when she only left the house twice.”

In Buckham Palace’s official 61-word statement released after the interview, the Queen claimed that the Royal Family were “saddened” to learn of the difficulties the Sussexes faced, but pointedly noted, “some recollections may vary.”

Source: Read Full Article