Europe

Meghan told she wasn’t ‘in first division’ by senior royal aides as ‘place held by Kate’

Meghan Markle: Nottingham Cottage discussed by expert

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Meghan and Prince Harry’s royal feud took a surprising turn on Wednesday after former Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan claimed the Firm had thanked him for his rhetoric on the Duke and Duchess. It came during an interview with US TV show ‘Extra TV’, during which Mr Morgan said: “I’ve had some messages communicated to me on behalf of several members of the Royal Family.” When asked if these came from the upper echelons of the family, he said: “I’m not going to go into who it was but [it was] gratitude that somebody was standing up.”

His comments come just days after he told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson that he stood by his opinion on Meghan, describing her as the “delusional duchess”.

While Mr Morgan continues his rampage, and the Royal Family seeks to restore its image, Meghan and Harry have soldiered on with their private lives, securing job contracts and a new Netflix series.

Much has been discussed about the pair’s momentous fall-out from the Firm, which officially began last year with “Megxit”.

Commentators have traced the tensions back to several key events, with one author suggesting the conflict began during their time living at Kensington Palace close to Kate and Prince William.

Tom Quinn, a royal author speaking to Channel 5’s documentary, ‘Meghan & Harry: Two Troubled Years’, suggested it was during this time that Meghan was told she would never be promoted to the “first division”.

This was, he said, the space reserved for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge – something Meghan found hard to reconcile.

Talking about their residence at the time, Nottingham Cottage, Mr Quinn said: “It’s in the grounds of Kensington Palace, and it’s quite small.

“It’s tiny compared to the enormous double apartment that Kate and William have.

JUST INTV host calls out Harry and Meghan after latest Oprah claim unravels

“It was being pointed out to them in no uncertain terms that they weren’t in the first division, because that place is held by William and Kate.

“Inevitably that led to friction.

“In Meghan’s world, if you’re determined enough, you can get to the top.

“But Meghan can’t, she can’t get to the top whatever she does.”

DON’T MISS

Piers Morgan branded a hypocrite over interview on Royal Family [REPORT]
‘Absolute nonsense’ Diana author brilliant take on Meghan staff clash [INSIGHT]
William voices frustration in new poignant speech – ‘Enough is enough’ 
[ANALYSIS] 

The pair were initially tipped to move into the luxurious apartment next door to William and Kate, a grand 21-bedroom home.

This was after Kensington Palace in late 2018 confirmed that they would leave the cottage the following year.

They shortly moved into Frogmore Cottage, however, in Windsor.

On arriving, they embarked on an enormous £2.4million renovation project paid for by the British taxpayer.

Furore ensued, then, when they announced in January 2020 that they would step back from fulfilling senior royal duties.

After securing lucrative contracts with Netflix and Spotify, they were able to repay the debts to the taxpayer.

Kate and William still live at their Kensington Palace property with their family of three children.

Apartment 1A is their main base.

They do, however, have a second home at Anmer Hall.

This is where they have spent the majority of the pandemic, in the Norfolk countryside.

It was also renovated in 2013 to the tune of £1.5million.

Source: Read Full Article