Michelin-starred Star at Harome restaurant fire leaves building ‘reduced to ashes’

One of the best-known restaurants in the north of England has been “reduced to ashes” after its thatched roof caught fire.

More than 40 firefighters were called to the 14th century Star Inn at Harome – a Michelin-starred restaurant near Helmsley, North Yorkshire, which is considered to be among the best in the UK.

Chef Andrew Pern said on Twitter: “It’s been a long night so far…. I’m afraid we won’t be open for a while as we are reduced to ashes with The Star on fire and still burning, residents please call after 9am. Thanks.”

Source: Read Full Article