Europe

Mum’s fright as blade found inside trick-or-treat sweet

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

A woman has told of her shock after finding a “pencil sharpener blade” hidden inside a sweet her child had brought home after going trick-or-treating last night.

According to Lindsey Dickinson, she found the “strange-looking” sweet while inspecting the Halloween goodies her two children, Charlie, 14, and Grace, 12, had collected.

The mum says she picked up an orange Fruitella sweet with the intention of eating it, before unwrapping the wrapper and seeing what looked like a “green line”. 

Upon closer inspection, she was horrified to discover the blade hidden inside.

Lindsey, from Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire, told Grimsby Live: “The kids went out at five o’clock and they’d been out for a good hour and a half trick or treating in the local area.

“They went as far as Elliston Street and went up and down the streets between Grimsby Road and Brereton Avenue, so they covered quite a wide area.

“They came back at 6.30pm and we went to a party at a local church.

“When we got home, at about 7pm, they were all excited and were telling me how much they got and about all the things they’d seen and how much fun they’d had.

“They were spreading all the sweets out on the table saying, ‘Look at this one’, and Charlie said, ‘Can I have a sweet now, mum?’ and I said that of course, he could, it’s Halloween.”

Speaking about the shocking discovery, Lindsey continued: “It looks like a pencil sharpener blade. I was so shocked. How could someone do this?

“It’s a night for children to have fun, and the fact that someone could do this to intentionally harm somebody is disgusting.

“The fact that a piece of metal has been inserted into a sweet is just shocking.

“I have no idea where it came from because they covered quite a lot of ground.

“It’s scary because any young child wouldn’t think twice about popping that sweet into their mouth.”

Lindsey said she was keen to share what had happened on Facebook to alert other parents in the area. In just a few hours, the post was shared more than 1,000 times.

One panicked parent commented: “This is absolutely disgusting, sick b******s I’m so angry, this could have been fatal.”

“This is absolutely disgusting!!! What sicko would want to do this to a child! Ruins it for the kids!” wrote another.

Another parent said: “Omg that’s absolutely disgusting and shocking why would you even do that glad people check their kids’ sweets before eating them how can people be so sick and disgusting.”

Source: Read Full Article