Europe

Netflix wrongly suggest Sussexes’ ‘security was pulled’ before Megxit

Meghan and Harry 'need security' following threats says Bond

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The latest trailer for ‘Harry & Meghan’ Netflix series appears to wrongly suggest that the couple’s security was withdrawn prior to their royal exit in 2020, royal experts have said. In the 90-second clip, Harry is heard saying: “I wonder what would have happened to us had we not got out when we did”, implying that the couple made their decision to leave the UK due to their increased concern over their safety.

After Harry’s “I wonder what would have happened to us” comment, Meghan, 41, then added: “Our security was being pulled – everyone in the world knew where we were.”

Harry then added that he told his wife, at the time, “we need to get out”.

A clip was then shown of Harry appearing on a flight. In the clip, Harry says he is on “the freedom flight”, a suggested reference to the couple’s relocation to the US in early 2020.

The couple’s comments have led royal experts to question the timeline of the trailer.

Royal author Tom Bower told MailOnline that the couple’s comments about their security being withdrawn prior to their exit were “shockingly untrue”.

The couple announced their decision to step down as senior working royals on January 8, 2020.

Just over a month later, on February 20, the Royal and VIP Executive Committee (Ravec) revealed that the couple would lose their right to taxpayer-funded security.

Despite this, with the couple living in Canada at the time, government minister Bill Blair confirmed that the couple, and their young son, were being protected by the Met and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

The minister released a statement stating that the arrangement would end on March 31.

Sharon Osbourne reacts to Harry and Meghan's documentary

Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams told MailOnline that the couple’s comments implied that “they were not given proper security as senior working royals before Megxit”.

He also added that they suggested that Royal and VIP Executive Committee (Ravec) were not “doing its job properly”.

The first three episodes were released on December 8 and focused on the couple’s turbulent relationship with the UK press, with Meghan even accusing the media of wanting to “destroy” her.

DON’T MISS

King Charles urged to hold back punishment plan for Harry [INSIGHT]
Prince Harry claims ‘they were happy to lie’ to ‘protect’ William [REVEAL]
Harry and Meghan urged to ‘prove’ new claims after ‘going too far’ [REPORT]

In 2020, shortly after their exit, Meghan and Harry signed a few lucrative deals with Netflix and Spotify.

Aside from Meghan’s podcast, which began streaming in August and finished last month, the docu-series is the couple’s first major project to be released for them.

Aside from the couple’s shared projects, Harry’s bombshell memoir is set to be released on January 10, 2023.

Source: Read Full Article