Kate Middleton can 'relax' without Meghan claims Levin
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The Prince of Wales moved into the house after the Queen Mother died in 2002, where she had lived for nearly five decades. Previously it was reported the Duke, 37, and Duchess, 40, of Sussex were earmarked to move into Clarence House once Prince Charles became King.
However, new reports claim due to Megxit this is no longer the case.
The Mail on Sunday reports the Sussexes’ departure to California means Clarence House is now “no longer on the cards”.
The report outlined: “It is now more likely to be saved for Prince George, Princess Charlotte or Prince Louis.”
Clarence House was the location where Prince William and Kate Middleton gave their engagement interview in 2010.
However, the Mail on Sunday also reported the property’s “outdated decor is a turn-off for younger royals”.
The property is valued at over £50 million.
The property was where the Queen and Prince Philip lived before the monarch ascended to the throne in 1952.
The report also suggested Prince Charles plans to reduce the Monarch’s living residence at Buckingham Palace to no more than a ‘flat’ above the shop when he becomes king.
The Monarch’s living quarters at Buckingham Palace, which currently has 188 staff bedrooms and 52 Royal guest bedrooms, will be cut.
A friend of Charles told the Mail on Sunday: “Despite what everybody thinks about him not wanting to live there, he will certainly have accommodation there.
“But it will be a much more modest flat-above-the-shop situation akin to that of the Prime Minister at Downing Street.”
The Mail on Sunday reported other plans include transforming Balmoral into a museum.
Royal Family warned to limit future TV appearances [REVEAL]
‘On their side’ Meghan and Harry had ‘control’ over Oprah chat [INSIGHT]
‘Become irrelevant’ Prince Harry and Meghan less interesting for TV [ANALYSIS]
A source said: “The talk is of opening a museum paying tribute to the Queen.”
Source: Read Full Article