Europe

Palace set to be snubbed over Harry’s memoir as Duke finishes up bombshell book

Prince Harry's memoir threatens to rock Royal Family

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The Palace is understood to be eager to see Prince Harry’s memoir before its public release, according to a royal commentator. The Mail on Sunday’s assistant editor Kate Mansey said that the tell-all book from the Duke of Sussex is nearly complete. Prince Harry’s impending memoir is expected to be released in autumn, following the summer celebrations for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.

Speaking on Palace Confidential, MailPlus host Jo Elvin said: “There is also the issue of Harry’s book, his biography.

“That is another thing that needs content, that has a deadline.”

Ms Mansey said: “He has this super duper ghostwriter and it’s coming out this year.

“It does feel like they are on the final draft apparently.”

JUST IN: Prince Harry in a difficult condition due to “painful” family issues

She continued: “They must just be dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s at this stage.

“There have been reports that the Palace want to see it before it is published but I can’t imagine any US publisher wanting to show them it beforehand.

“It is just so terrible timing with the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee this year. The Jubilee should be a time for celebration.”

The Daily Mail’s Diary Editor Richard Eden added that the Queen “deserves the courtesy of seeing it before it is published”.

Harry Potter ‘content warning’ slammed by This Morning guest

Harry promised that the book will be a “wholly-truthful and accurate” account of his life so far.

The memoir is being ghost-written by Pulitzer Prize-winner J.R. Moehringer, who has previously written memoirs for tennis legend Andre Agassi and Nike co-founder Phil Knight.

Announcing the new book last July, Harry said: “I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man, I have become.

“I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story – the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned – I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.”

DON’T MISS:

Meghan and Harry face serious ‘dilemma’ as demands spikes for projects [VIDEO]
Calls for tax hike U-turn will only become louder [EXPRESS COMMENT]
Royal Family LIVE: Frenzy over Harry & Meghan ‘secret’ celebrity talks [LIVE BLOG]

He added: “I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”

Royal editor of the Mail, Rebecca English, said that the book is a “kind of lurking bombshell that’s due to come out later this year”.

This comes as Prince Charles reportedly extended an olive branch to Prince Harry, asking him to stay at his home due to increased security concerns on his visit to the UK.

The Prince of Wales also praised the Duke of Sussex for his environmentalist efforts in his recent essay about climate change for US magazine Newsweek.

Source: Read Full Article