Plymouth incident: Local MP says ‘grim day for our city’ as ‘gunman shot’

Plymouth: Air ambulance at the scene of the incident

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

According to unconfirmed reports, a gunman has been shot following the incident in the Devon city this evening, according to Sky News.

Latest information states that police were called to a serious firearms incident in Biddick Drive, in the Keyham area of Plymouth at around 6.10pm today.

Luke Pollard, MP for Plymouth Sutton & Devonport referred to the incident as “really worrying”.

In a Facebook post, the MP who is also the Labour shadow environment secretary, referred to it as a “very serious situation”, and in his tweet, he urged others to keep their distance stating: “Please can everyone stay safe, stay indoors and follow police advice”.

An hour later he responded to the initial tweet with an update reflecting on what he referred to as “a very grim day for our city and our community”, as the number of victims remains unconfirmed.

He advised his 35.5k followers to be respectful, stating: “Please can I ask that you think of the families and our community and not share any images or videos of any of the victims”.

At present the area has been cordoned off, and police believe that the situation is contained.

As a result, road closures are in place so people are asking to avoid the area

Johnny Mercer, MP for Plymouth Moor View, reiterated the sentiment saying: “Please obey all instructions from the police and do not post rumours or speculation on social media.”


Two police officers ‘stabbed on duty’ are rushed to hospital [REPORT]  
‘We want to buy where we live!’ Cornwall protesters’ fury [INSIGHT] 
Brexit forces garden centre to give away plants due to staff shortage [ANALYSIS]

A large police cordon has been constructed to stop pedestrians from walking down a nearby road, and three air ambulances landed in a park before heading to a nearby hospital.

Emergency services including the Hazardous Area Response Unit and National Police Air Service also rushed to the scene.

At present, police are yet to comment on the incident or confirm reports of any fatalities.

This is a breaking story…more to follow

Source: Read Full Article