Prince Andrew addresses Virginia Giuffre’s allegations in 2019
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Prince Andrew has consistently denied claims of sexually abusing Virginia Giuffre whilst underage, addressing the allegations in a 50-minute interview with BBC Newsnight host Emily Maitlis in 2019. During the interview, he claimed not to remember ever meeting his accuser as he admitted to “kicking himself” for his relationship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. The Duke of York will see on Tuesday whether a civil suit Giuffre launched against him will proceed to a court case or if judge Lewis A. Kaplan will throw out the lawsuit.
Giuffre’s lawyers called on the Duke of York to address some of the claims he made during the interview, mainly his allegation that he has a condition that prevents him from sweating.
Prince Andrew’s accuser claimed in a 2019 CNN she had danced with the Duke at Club Tramp Nightclub in London and he had been “sweating all over me.”
The Duke of York however refuted the claim, citing a condition he developed following his deployment to the Falklands.
He told Emily Maitlis: “There’s a slight problem with the sweating because I have a peculiar medical condition which is that I don’t sweat.
JUST IN: Royal Family LIVE: Queen’s photo ‘convinced Meghan and Harry Firm was against them’
“Or I didn’t sweat at the time and that was… was it… yes, I didn’t sweat at the time because I had suffered what I would describe as an overdose of adrenalin in the Falkland’s War when I was shot at and I simply… it was almost impossible for me to sweat.
“And it’s only because I have done a number of things in the recent past that I am starting to be able to do that again.
“So I’m afraid to say that there’s a medical condition that says that I didn’t do it so therefore…”
He also claimed he could not have met Giuffre at the Tramp Nightclub as he had been looking after his daughters in the absence of Sarah, Duchess of York, and had accompanied Princess Beatrice to a birthday party at a Pizza Express in Woking.
Royal expert slams Prince Andrew as Queen faces 'massive year'
He said: “On that particular day that we now understand is the date which is the 10th of March, I was at home, I was with the children and I’d taken Beatrice to a Pizza Express in Woking for a party at I suppose sort of 4:00 or 5:00 in the afternoon.
“And then because the duchess was away, we have a simple rule in the family that when one is away the other one is there.
“I was on terminal leave at the time from the Royal Navy so therefore I was at home.”
Asked how he could remember having been to Pizza Express on a specific day nearly 18 years after the event, the Duke said argued it was “because going to Pizza Express in Woking is an unusual thing for me to do.”
Princess Diana’s unforgettable gifts to her sons reminds them of her [INSIGHT]
Queen fury after Prince Charles’ household ‘delight’ at abdication [ANALYSIS]
Kate faces birthday heartbreak again [REVEALED]
The Duke of York also cast doubts on the veracity of a photograph seemingly showing him with Virginia Giuffre in what has been claimed to have been the home of Epstein’s partner, Ghislaine Maxwell.
Prince Andrew alleged his outfit did not meet with the usual standards he would follow when visiting London and argued lawyers could not demonstrate whether the image was fake or not.
He said: “Oh it’s definitely me, I mean that’s a picture of me, it’s not a picture of… I don’t believe it’s a picture of me in London because when I would go out to… when I go out in London, I wear a suit and a tie.
“That’s what I would describe as… those are my travelling clothes if I’m going to go… if I’m going overseas. There’s a… I’ve got plenty of photographs of me dressed in those sorts of… that sort of kit but not there.”
He added: “Nobody can prove whether or not that photograph has been doctored but I don’t recollect that photograph ever being taken.”
Virginia Giuffre needs to hold Prince Andrew accountable says dad
Giuffre in 2019 dismissed Andrew’s claims about the photo, defending the snap as “authentic” and adding she had provided the FB with the original copy.
She told CNN: “I think the world is getting sick of these ridiculous excuses.
“It’s a real photo. I’ve given it to the FBI for their investigation and it’s an authentic photo.
“There’s a date on the back of it from when it was printed.”
Giuffre and Prince Andrew will find out on Tuesday whether her civil case will proceed to a court hearing after the terms of a deal she struck with Epstein in 2009 were released on Monday.
The Duke’s legal team will argue the agreement frees Andrew of any liability as she agreed not to pursue legal challenges against anyone who might have been described as a “potential defendant” in connection to Epstein’s case.
Source: Read Full Article