Prince Harry: 'Damage is done' with Charles says expert
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Prince Charles is the “most hurt” from Prince Harry’s recent series of outbursts against life in the Royal Family. Last weekend, reports surfaced claiming that senior aides at Buckingham Palace had called on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to give up their titles. The Mail on Sunday’s Diary Editor Charlotte Griffiths believes the team around Prince Charles are behind these calls.
She told the MailPlus’ Palace Confidential that there is concern that Harry’s attacks on life growing up in the Royal Family will “undo” the work done to rebuild Charles’ reputation.
Ms Griffiths said: “The calls to strip them of their titles shows how angry people are. There is a lot of frustration and anger and I think it is more on the Charles’ side.
“Prince Charles’ team have spent years and years building up his reputation.
“He walked Meghan down the aisle, and the nation has started to warm to Charles.”
JUST IN: Meghan ‘got everything’ while Harry’s ‘anger’ at losing ‘everything’
She added: “I actually think they are still warm to him but not thanks to Harry.
“Harry is trying to undo all of that.
“They are seeing their project ripped from under them by his own son.”
The Daily Mail’s Royal Editor Rebecca English confirmed the frustration in the Palace is “immense” following Harry’s swipes.
Princess Diana: Expert discusses response from Harry and William
She told Palace Confidential: “There’s nothing the Palace can do about it.
“They have to wait along with the rest of us to hear what he’s got to say. There is an immense amount of frustration.
“As someone said to me last week, ‘They seem to be making careers out of their previous careers at a time when they promised the Queen they wouldn’t do anything to embarrass her’.
“And unfortunately, there seems no sign of slowing down.”
Harry and Meghan could ‘press nuclear button’ against royals [LATEST]
BBC Weather: Temperatures in Europe to soar past 30C in heatwave [FORECAST]
Royal Family told NOT to apologise to Prince Harry and Meghan [POLL]
In the latest criticism, the Duke of Sussex accused the Royal Family of “total neglect” and of “bullying him into silence”.
The 36-year-old told his new Apple TV documentary series about mental health that Prince Charles had told him and his brother that as he had suffered, his sons would suffer too.
The Duke said that he and the Duchess of Sussex were subjected to such a level of harassment on social media that he felt “completely helpless”.
Harry also fumed in the series on mental health with Oprah Winfrey, The Me You Can’t See, about being told to “play the game” when he struggled with royal life.
Source: Read Full Article