Europe

Prince Harry being ‘discouraged’ from UK return as Duke faces ‘difficult’ barriers

Prince Harry ‘discouraged’ from returning to UK says expert

Prince Harry’s “reassessment” of his and Meghan Markle’s Sandringham agreement with the Royal Family will likely be done virtually, according to a royal commentator. Richard Fitzwilliams spoke to Express.co.uk about the upcoming spring review of the Megxit deal. He addressed suggestions that the Duke of Sussex could make his first UK return since officially stepping down for the talks.

Mr Fitzwilliams said: “Firstly, as I understand it, travel is discouraged.

“We know that the Sandringham agreement is going to be reassessed.

“I imagine that it will be reassessed virtually.

“It’s supposed to take place at the end of March, and that’s relatively soon.”

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

He continued: “There are reports that the lockdown may last until then.

“Even if it doesn’t, we don’t know whether or not [Harry] will wish to make that trip, and in what way.

“You’d find it very difficult depending on the regulations both in the United States and here.

“Also this is something that could entirely be done virtually.”

Prince Harry: Invictus Games ‘hanging by a thread’ says expert

Meghan and Harry are currently living in the Duchess’ home state of California but said upon their departure from the Royal Family they plan to split their time with living in Britain.

The Duke confirmed in the summer that he “would have been back already” for the Rugby League World Cup, which was supposed to take place last year.

Currently restrictions are tight on both sides of the Atlantic.

According to the UK Government website, British nationals are not allowed to enter the United States and its territories if they have been in the UK, Ireland, Schengen zone, Iran, Brazil or China within the previous 14 days

DON’T MISS
Prince Charles wooed after Camilla broke ice with quip on past lover [VIDEO]
‘Brilliant idea!’ Camilla sparks royal fan frenzy with latest video [REACTION]
Kate and William considered for televised vaccine against Queen code [INSIGHT]

Those eligible to enter the USA are required to self-isolate for up to 14 days after arrival.

The UK Foreign Office also advises against all but essential travel to the US.

Due to the national lockdown in England, the UK Government has urged Britons to not travel internationally unless they have a legally permitted reason to leave home.

From January 18, those arriving back in England, Scotland, or Wales, will have to provide evidence of a negative coronavirus test result taken up to three days before departure.

With both the Queen and Prince Philip shielding since March, Harry is therefore not expected to make the way across the Atlantic to meet with them in person.

Source: Read Full Article