Queen Consort Camilla tipped to help Harry and Meghan
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Friends of Prince Harry have said the Duke was left “devastated” by perceived snubs whilst he was in the UK at the time of the Queen’s funeral, according to reports. The Duke of Sussex is set to release his tell-all memoir soon, with the final chapters thought to include some of the events in the lead-up to the late monarch’s death on September 8. Lord Archer told Mail Online that he is “deeply concerned” about the impact the book will have on Harry’s already damaged relationship with his family.
He added: “I’m very sad. I fear for the book. I know they’re writing the chapter on the funeral, so I suppose that’s what the book will end on.”
The autobiography was set to be released in November ahead of Christmas but according to reports this has been delayed after Harry launched an eleventh-hour bid to alter it after fears it would be insensitive given the Queen’s recent passing.
However, Mr Archer says the Duke’s publisher, Penguin Random House, will be determined to get its money’s worth, with the book generating plenty of controversy.
He said: “They paid him a lot of money — something like £20 million. You want to calm it down if you’re paid £20 million?”
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were in the UK when the Queen died, with Harry rushing to be by his grandmother’s side in Balmoral, Scotland.
Meghan was set to join her husband in Balmoral, according to their official spokesperson, but this was later retracted amid tensions in the family.
Reports suggested King Charles had told Harry it would not be “appropriate” for the Duchess to attend alongside him.
Viewers of the Queen’s state funeral were quick to say Harry had been “snubbed” as he was sat in the second row whilst Zara Tindall and her husband Mike sat in the front row, alongside senior members of the Firm including Prince William and Kate.
King Charles was joined by the Queen’s Consort on the first row, and the Princess Royal and her husband the Vice Admiral Timothy Lawrence. Also on the first row was The Duke of York, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Peter Phillips with his wife Sophie.
Prince Harry was sat on the second row alongside his wife, the Duchess of Sussex, Princess Beatrice, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and Lady Louise Windsor, James, Viscount Severn, Jack Brooksbank, Princess Eugenie, Sarah, Duchess of York, the Earl of Snowdon, Viscount Linley and Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones.
Fans were quick to point out that Prince Harry was not sat closer to his immediate family, the King and the Prince of Wales.
Due to him and the Duke of York no longer being working members of the Royal family, they were not able to wear their military uniform for ceremonial events marking the Queen – although were given permission when they held vigil at Westminster Hall. Both wore mourning suits with their medals at the funeral.
Diana would ‘think Meghan had stolen her son’ and ‘not admire’ Duchess [INSIGHT]
William to ‘rip up the rulebook’ as he takes up the new title [COMMENT]
Meghan and Harry ‘fuelling’ royalty’s ‘soap opera aspect’ – expert [OPINION]
Viewers were quick to remark about Harry’s position in Westminster Abbey, with one saying he had been “violated.”
@Talkidcrud1 said: “Why is Prince Harry in the second row? Another bad decision by the royal family and truly disrespectful to her majesty the queen who adored her grandson. Where is the unity?”
Prior to the Queen’s death, there appeared to have been no plans for the Duke of Sussex to reunite with his family during his return to the UK.
The couple appear to have a damaged relationship with other members of the Royal Family since their move to California in March 2020.
Source: Read Full Article