Europe

Prince Harry may ‘regret Megxit forever’ if Philip dies – Duke to feel ‘tremendous guilt’

Prince Harry ‘asked to fly home’ to see Philip claims expert

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

The royals have faced widespread backlash over the last week after Meghan Markle and Harry’s shocking insight into why they quit the Firm last year. Their tell-all conversation with Oprah took place on the same day Prince Philip was admitted to the hospital as a “precautionary measure” on February 16 and has remained there since in his longest hospital visit ever. During the explosive interview, Harry spoke about his strained relationship with brother Prince William and father Prince Charles.

But royal biographer Angela Levin added Harry may regret leaving his family behind for Hollywood if his grandfather’s condition worsens.

She noted how Harry has felt guilt over his brief final phone call with his mum Diana before her death.

Ms Levin told The Mirror: “I think there is a possibility that if (Philip) improves that Harry will have felt his heart beating for his grandfather more than he expected and see the situation within his family with different eyes.

“Likewise, if his Royal Highness dies (Harry) might feel tremendous waves of guilt that he wasn’t there and that he could have seen him so many times.

“He felt very guilty that his mother’s last telephone call to him when he was up in Scotland with his father over the summer, that he was very busy playing with his cousins and he kept the conversation very short.

“He says he has regretted that forever, and he will regret it forever, because he could have had a longer conversation with his wonderful mother.

“I think he might feel a similar way about Prince Philip.”

Meghan mentioned Philip at the start of the interview as she said: “This morning, I woke up earlier than H, and saw a note from someone on our team in the UK saying that the Duke of Edinburgh had gone to the hospital.

“But I just picked up the phone and I called the Queen just to check in.”

But the kind words about the royals did not last for long, as Harry went on to claim his father Prince Charles had let him down and that he had felt trapped in the Firm last week.

He said: “I feel really let down because he’s been through something similar. He knows what pain feels like.

“I will always love him, but there’s a lot of hurt that’s happened.

“And I will continue to make it one of my priorities to try and heal that relationship.”

DON’T MISS
Prince Harry is a ‘shadow of himself’ in US as he ‘struggles’ [INSIGHT]
Meghan and Harry ‘heading for divorce’ – Duchess’s half-sister claims [VIDEO]
Prince Philip excluded from ‘Firm of Eight’ making family decisions [REVEALED[

William was also mentioned during the two-hour interview as Harry admitted there was “space” in their relationship.

He said: “Much will continue to be said about that … as I said before, you know, I love William to bits, he’s my brother, we’ve been through hell together and we have a shared experience.

“But we’re on different paths.”

Meghan also said that while she was pregnant with Archie there were “concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he’s born”.

Harry said during the interview: “That conversation, I’m never going to share.

“But at the time, it was awkward. I was a bit shocked.”

Harry also criticised his family for failed to call out “colonial undertones” in news articles about his wife.

He said: “That hurts, but I also am acutely aware of where my family stand and how scared they are of the tabloids turning on them.”

However, Oprah later confirmed neither the Queen nor Philip were behind the “concerns” about the colour of Archie’s skin.

Philip, who turns 100 in June, remains in hospital in London after undergoing successful heart surgery and treatment for an infection.

The latest update from Buckingham Palace on March 5 said: “Following the Duke of Edinburgh’s successful procedure at St Bartholomew’s Hospital on Wednesday, His Royal Highness has been transferred to King Edward VII’s Hospital this morning.

“The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for continuing treatment for a number of days.”

The Palace also said the Duke would stay in hospital for “treatment, rest and recuperation”, but it said it will not be giving a “running commentary” on his health condition.

Source: Read Full Article