Kate Middleton left 'in tears' over Prince Harry's exit says expert
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
According to a royal commentator, the Duke of Sussex will look to undertake “similar engagements” to those recently conducted by Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge. As Prince Harry and Meghan Markle move towards their “era of visibility”, Richard Eden claimed the Duke will wish to continue his commitments to the armed forces and conduct “rival royal engagements”. His comments come shortly after Kate’s two high-profile military engagements, where she spent time with a group of Air Cadets and visit RAF Brize Norton.
When asked if Prince Harry would be jealous of Kate’s recent military engagements, Richard Eden told Palace Confidential: “I’m sure he’ll be looking for more opportunities where he can undertake similar engagements to the one the Duchess of Cambridge did.
“Obviously, he’s still very much involved in Invictus, for injured servicemen, so that’s something that you might see he’ll do other events of this kind.
“This era of visibility we’re seeing, I think it will be rival royal engagements if you like, and it’s going to be very interesting to watch, but there’ll be some very nervous courtiers at the Palace here about how things are going to roll out.”
Prince Harry stepped down from his role as a senior working member of the Royal Family in 2020, and has since relocated to California with his wife, Meghan Markle.
As part of their Megxit agreement, Prince Harry was stripped of his military appointments and honorary titles, as well as his HRH status.
This included losing his roles as Captain-General of the Royal Marines, Honorary Air Commandant of RAF Honington, and Commodore-in-Chief Small Ships and Diving.
Prince Harry had also served in the British Armed Forces for 10 years, eventually qualifying as an Apache helicopter pilot commander, and undertaking two tours of Afghanistan.
Whilst he has renounced many of his royal patronages, he continues to run the Invictus Games, which he founded in 2014 as a Paralympic-style tournament for injured servicemen and women.
Kate Middleton’s absence from public life discussed by reporter
As part of his £100million Netflix deal, he is currently executive-producing a docu-series about the 2022 Invictus Games, which will take place in the Netherlands.
With the absence of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle from the Royal Family, the Duchess of Cambridge has significantly increased her workload over the last year.
This has included conducting a number of military engagements, where she has represented the Queen and met with army officers.
Her first engagement following her return from the summer holidays took place at RAF Brize Norton on September 15, where she visited military personnel who took part in the evacuation of British nationals and Afghani civilians following the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan.
Palace did ‘everything it could’ to help Meghan Markle: ‘Bent over backwards’ [LATEST]
Kate and William pivotal in monarchy after Queen’s reign amid ‘big time concerns’ [INSIGHT]
Three reasons Kate Middleton WON’T have a fourth baby – expert [ANALYSIS]
During her visit, she heard about the emotional toll of Operation Pitting and viewed the aircraft carriers where 15,000 were transported to safety.
Last week, Kate also visited the Lake District to attend an engagement at the newly refurbished Winderemere Training Centre. As Honorary Air Commandant of the Royal Air Force Air Cadets, she spent the morning mountain-biking and abseiling with a group of young cadets, and spoke of the importance of outdoor exercise.
As well as her military engagements, Kate is widely tipped to take over two of Prince Harry’s former patronages.
It is expected that the Duchess of Cambridge will be announced as the new President of the Rugby Football League and the Rugby Football Union, ahead of the Rugby World Cup.
Since the Sussexes left for North America in 2020, Kate has only seen her brother-in-law on two occasions.
Source: Read Full Article