Europe

Prince Philip health: Queen lonely with ‘small bubble’ after not seeing husband for weeks

Prince Philip procedure 'tough on the body' says expert

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

Prince Philip has “successfully” undergone a procedure for a pre-existing heart condition, Buckingham Palace announced. The Duke of Edinburgh, who had been transferred to St Bartholomew’s after spending two weeks at King Edward VII’s hospital, is now expected to continue treatment and recuperate. ITV Good Morning Britain correspondent Jonathan Swain explained how the royal’s stay will have affected his wife, the Queen.

He told viewers: “The Duke continues to rest and recover at St Bart’s Hospital following the procedure he had here on Wednesday.

“Initially he walked into that hospital as a precaution.

“But he has now spent his longest ever period in hospital in his 99 years.

“He had just one visitor, a week or so ago, by Prince Charles.”

Mr Swain continued: “The Prince spent half an hour with his father before driving back to Highgrove.

“The Queen continues to self-isolate at Windsor Castle. She will not have seen her husband now for almost three weeks.

“They are in a small bubble, as they have been for the last year, with the Duke, the Queen and a small group of staff and courtiers.

“Now having any kind of hospital procedure is tough on the body.”

Prince Philip health: Royals unlikely to visit Duke says insider

The GMB reporter added: “But remember that the Duke, of course, is 99 years old, so it is very likely that he will spend the rest of the weekend into next week here recovering.

“So he will be in hospital when that interview airs in America on Sunday night.

“Prince Philip was transferred here on Monday after a two-week stay at King Edward VII hospital, just two or so miles away from here.”

DON’T MISS
Princess Anne ignored Prince Charles’ advice for Zara royal experience [INSIGHT]
Queen left Prince Andrew ‘so angry’ over her ‘refusal’ to back Eugenie [VIDEO]
Zara Tindall marked for ‘untraditional royal life’ thanks to Charles [ANALYSIS]

The Buckingham Palace statement read: “The Duke of Edinburgh yesterday underwent a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition at St Bartholomew’s Hospital.

“His Royal Highness will remain in hospital for treatment, rest and recuperation for a number of days.”

The Queen’s husband had been treated for an infection at King Edward VII’s.

Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, has been the latest royal to offer an update on the Duke’s condition.

She said that her father-in-law is “slightly improving”, although the treatment “hurts at moments”.

Source: Read Full Article